Cache Cleaning?

This is the place to go if you have questions about the server/forum rules or how to play effectively on the server.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Malah
Private
Private

Cache Cleaning?

Post by Malah » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:12 pm

I'm working down a +100 idea list of possible reasons that I keep getting dropped from the server, and I'm at cache errors now.

Q1: Will cleaning my cache have any impact on the fact that I can't stay in the server for an hour without getting dropped atleast once?

Q2: If so, can anyone give me a generic list of what mods/files I need to specify to keep so that I don't have to spend an hour re-dowloading all of them again once come back into the server? I mean, I don't need every file on the server, (please don't fool yourself into thinking I'm worth the effort) it'd just be helpful if I could get that wad of files that (most) people will have to D/L on their first time coming in. Can I get a hand?

-M

Oh, and yay to me for finally finding the website. lol
That's sexual harassment.

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:34 pm

No need to delete your cache file when you can simply install the files and not worry about them being auto deleted after 30 days of non use.

http://www.thunder65.com/ut2004/Cachemi.rar

I've used Cachemi since the 2nd month UT2004 was released :D That url is my site (so much easier hosting it than trying to google it over and over).

If you can't open .rar (winrar) files, let me know and I'll upload a .zip (winzip) version.

Step 1 Download

Step 2 Extract (double click)

Step 3 Navigate to where it installed and double click cachemi (or ut2004mi)

Step 4 Click the configure tab (far right)

Step 5 fill in the path to where your ut2004 is installed (default C:\UT2004).

Step 6 click the save button

Step 7 Click on the Cache tab (middle)

Step 8 Highlight all files

Step 9 click the option titled "install only"

* Step 10 click the install button

* = Sometimes it won't install all the files you highlighted, simply highlight the ones that didn't install and click the install button. Repeat until nothing is left.

Step 11 close cachemi

Step 12 play :D

Not sure what your problem is (lot's of possibilities) but cleaning the cache will improve performance :)
If you lost your cd and have the old drive and have not reinstalled UT2004 or reformatted the drive, you can find your old cd key in the registry here ...

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technologies\Installed Apps\UT2004

TheMadDJ
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by TheMadDJ » Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:26 am

Dunno if you know this, but your site's 404ing Zombeh d=P

Edit. Scratch that, works fine. Firefox being annoying as usual.

Malah
Private
Private

Post by Malah » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:35 pm

kiss Thanks ZS! My sweet, old computer had a stroke moment last week, so I just now got the chance to try out your program after a mix of maintenance labor, kicking, and screaming profanities |-( . I'm crossing my fingers that it works, because the rest of my ideas translate to replacing my senior citizen.
That's sexual harassment.

Return to “Monster Madness Player Guide”