My account

This is the place to go if you have questions about the server/forum rules or how to play effectively on the server.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

[BGE]Chloe
Private
Private

My account

Post by [BGE]Chloe » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:57 pm

I am not sure where or to whom to ask this but... I played on the MM server back a couple yrs ago and had to take a leave due to some RL issues. I am glad to say I am back but I have a small problem. During the time away I moved and my computer recently bitt he dust. I have had to rebuy a copy of UT which I got through Steam. A friend of mine who gave me my original copy had thankfully saved the CD Key :D Well unfortunately I did not know that steam is not compatable with the retail version keeping me from replacing my old GUID and so I cannot log onto my old character. Is there something that can be done to get my lvls or toon back again? I know it was quite high back then and I would realllyyyy appreciate if I could play with it again. Please let me know if there is somehting that can be done. Thanks :D

BaronVonRotterdam
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Re: My account

Post by BaronVonRotterdam » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:05 am

Joey could do it but hes not around much so I wouldn't count on it.

http://www.amazon.com/Unreal-Anthology- ... 895&sr=8-1

There is every unreal game except for unreal 3 for under $12

And I remember you, welcome back. I hope your RL issues worked out for the better.
| ASRock Fatal1ty X470 | AMD Ryzen 3700x @Stock | 32GB DDR4 3200 mHz | Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 Super | Dell S2417DG |

[BGE]Chloe
Private
Private

Post by [BGE]Chloe » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:40 pm

Yea if he comes on def Let him know Id love to have my toon back :D

Wow you remember :D

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:22 am

Can you get another copy from your friend?
If you lost your cd and have the old drive and have not reinstalled UT2004 or reformatted the drive, you can find your old cd key in the registry here ...

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technologies\Installed Apps\UT2004

[BGE]Chloe
Private
Private

Post by [BGE]Chloe » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:45 pm

Umm no he sent me his game from Europe the first time haha. I need a retail copy which I just boughtt he game off steam and donw want to buy it again retail so...either Admin can do somehting or I have to wait to see if we can transfer files from the hubbys pc to mine...:S

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:57 am

That's right there were 2 of you :) Download the free trial version of any ISO software and make a cd from the files on hubby's puter ;)

Or you could try downloading a burned copy off of the internet, they aren't hard to find. Just make sure you do an in depth virus/trojan horse scan prior to insall.
If you lost your cd and have the old drive and have not reinstalled UT2004 or reformatted the drive, you can find your old cd key in the registry here ...

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technologies\Installed Apps\UT2004

Return to “Monster Madness Player Guide”