Some Clarification and Statistics

Check here for server status and maintenance.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

BaronVonRotterdam
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Some Clarification and Statistics

Post by BaronVonRotterdam » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:01 am

Hello Everyone,

Last night Friday the 10th at around 12:30AM I opened the flood gates to the server. Basically the server has been dead. The reason for this is our server has "custom" settings throwing it into a list of over 100 servers that are all mostly empty. At 12:30 I changed the server from "custom" to "infantry only". That did some nasty things like enable kill cam, 3d spotting, health regen. But it also improved our likehood of being found. For infantry only with our server setup there are only about 7 servers instead of over 100 so its a LOT easier to be found.

Here are some stats:

Before I made the change there were only 18 unique people who actually joined and played here and our biggest game ever was only 7 people. When I woke up this morning only 7 hours later we have 70 unique people to this server and our maximum players in game at once was 16!

So what does this mean to you, you ask? Well I will be keeping the server "Infantry Only" until Karkand comes out so we can build a fanbase and some regulars. Then I will be switching back to custom. So for the next few weeks the server will have some crap ingame settings BUT atleast it won't be a ghost town.

A reminder to admins. Not all admins have powers across the board right now. Those of you who do please be on the server as much as possible to babysit it. Also I checked all the PBSS from last night and they were all clean so it appears we had a successful launch.

Great work everyone I hope you all had fun and thanks for your support last night (party)
| ASRock Fatal1ty X470 | AMD Ryzen 3700x @Stock | 32GB DDR4 3200 mHz | Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 Super | Dell S2417DG |

Return to “BF3 Server News”