Battlefield 3 already done?

General Discussion.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mobster
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Battlefield 3 already done?

Post by Mobster » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:07 pm

So I was thinking that Battlefield 3 must be done already, and that there is going to be a Day-One (Retail day) patch. To fix most or all of the issues in the Beta.
Because they probably already had the game done during the Beta, or were finalizing tweaks to the game.

And they are probably using this time now to finalize Disc Making/Case Making, Shipping Preparations, Battlelog tweaks, and ETC..

What are your thoughts?

Just a curious question, maybe someone knows...
How do video game company make all of the discs for the game?
I doubt they make each disc one by one, and they must have a machine that can burn mass quantities of disks at once.
Mob
Monster Madness RPG WoP Invasion Server Administrator - UT 2004
Map Editor - UT 2004

Mobster
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Re: Battlefield 3 already done?

Post by Mobster » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:09 pm

Well I found the answer to my first question...

Battlefield 3 to have day one patch:
http://bf3blog.com/2011/10/battlefield-3-day-one-patch/
Mob
Map Editor - UT 2004

GreaterWulf

Post by GreaterWulf » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:15 pm

Last part, I believe they use a publisher.

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:22 am

BF3 is not done. No voip, probably no c rose, no adv flight .... pathetiic way to luanch a game trying to save your stockholders asses during the first fiscal season.

I'm highly disappointed in the lack of what should be standard features. censored running battlelog for voip ... you know that's going to be nothing but dc's and censored ups for the first few months at least.

I might try to get my money back and just use a pirated copy after they get their heads out of their asses.
If you lost your cd and have the old drive and have not reinstalled UT2004 or reformatted the drive, you can find your old cd key in the registry here ...

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technologies\Installed Apps\UT2004

BaronVonRotterdam
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by BaronVonRotterdam » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:14 am

ZombieSlayer wrote:BF3 is not done. No voip, probably no c rose, no adv flight .... pathetiic way to luanch a game trying to save your stockholders asses during the first fiscal season.

I'm highly disappointed in the lack of what should be standard features. censored running battlelog for voip ... you know that's going to be nothing but dc's and censored ups for the first few months at least.

I might try to get my money back and just use a pirated copy after they get their heads out of their asses.
I honestly don't see the big deal at all. Really. It's not like they won't be there they just won't ship with the retail game. They will be in a downloadable patch. And is it such a big deal to use skype for voip in the meantime? We play on IO so why worry about advanced flight? And they already promised us comma rose so it will be there even in a day one patch maybe. This news is hardly pre-order cancel worthy. I had a great time playing the BETA. Maybe if EA didn't make them go on the road so much and advertise they could have been in studio the whole time working. Being under EA's wing is like having one hand tied behind your back.

And here is an excerpt from a recent review with one of the guys behind BF3:

What was the reasoning for cutting private servers/LAN?
- Matty829
Lars: I would say, like this: When we ship the game, that’s where it all starts. Many times the perception is when we ship the game, that’s the end of it, this what we’re going to get. That’s totally not it. If people know DICE and our previous titles, Battlefield 2 is still out there, alive. So yeah, good things come to those who wait.

http://games.on.net/article/13978/Battl ... mes.on.net
| ASRock Fatal1ty X470 | AMD Ryzen 3700x @Stock | 32GB DDR4 3200 mHz | Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 Super | Dell S2417DG |

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:20 pm

I'm not strictly an IO player though ;p

Imagine if you will, you didn't get the digital dl and didn't play the beta. You haven't read up on what will not (most likely) be included in the retail release. You buy the game, come home, install, fire it up, start playing, and go wtf where's voip?

Actually yes it is a huge pain in the ass to use skype ... you'd have to tab out of game just to add or kick people in your squad.

In game voip for fps games is standard ... Dice censored up by letting EA push them to release a game that isn't complete.
If you lost your cd and have the old drive and have not reinstalled UT2004 or reformatted the drive, you can find your old cd key in the registry here ...

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technologies\Installed Apps\UT2004

BaronVonRotterdam
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by BaronVonRotterdam » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:11 pm

I can see your point but for me personally id rather have the game out now, use an alternative and have it patched later. I have always used skype so ingame voip not being in there at all, or even for the release isnt a big deal for me. I agree it should be there and it will be added as they said. I just don't see how the entire game is now worthless because of the lack of ingame voip that's nonsensical.
| ASRock Fatal1ty X470 | AMD Ryzen 3700x @Stock | 32GB DDR4 3200 mHz | Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 Super | Dell S2417DG |

Mobster
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by Mobster » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:19 pm

Definitely already done...

BF3Blog wrote:EA has announced that Battlefield 3 will begin pre-loading the game to those who pre-ordered on October 21, 4 days before the release on October 25. Furthermore, Amazon will begin pre-loading as well for those who ordered via their digital distribution channel. In general, pre-loading is a good idea for two reasons, one, it makes sure players have the game on launch day, and two, it eases on the bandwidth stress that would come from thousands of players trying to download the game at the same time. You can still pre-order Battlefield 3 on Origin and get access to the Back to Karkand expansion, plus the Physical Warfare pack.
Expect a Day-One patch.
Mob
Map Editor - UT 2004

Mobster
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by Mobster » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:09 pm

Proof:

Already shrink wrapped... :rofl2:

Mob
Map Editor - UT 2004

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:05 am

Oh you were saying done as in packaged and ready to go :D Of course it was "done" back then. Done before it went open beta. That's typical software policy.

Mein pita I didn't say the game was worthless ... just disappointing that they left out what should be standard features.

Return to “BF3 General Discussion”