Axe

Just been BANNED or KICKED from the server and don't know why? Appeal to be unbanned from the server here, or find out why you were kicked/banned.
Nard
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Nard » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:18 pm

SirBeast wrote:
ZombieSlayer wrote:PM joeyz or cJ and point them to this thread or just explain yourself in the pm.
LOL i already know what beasts thinking.
Signature by [IX]AnnaBeaver

Amy Infless
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by Amy Infless » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:53 pm

B4ckDr4ft wrote:its longer than a second, and besides they dont play right after another, they take like 15 secs to play again, and anything you type that would be a zound gets played in a length of how ever long they are, like the santana and cuffme combo, you play santana and the cuffme part doesn't play until like 5-15 secs later.
*typing zound "wrong"*
*hitting enter*
*voice says: "wrong"*
Do not try kill THIS bug !!! ->Image Your monitor may not like it...

Those who correct my English will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

Scion
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Scion » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:20 pm

Also, if a zound is already going, sometimes other zounds won't go till that first zound is finished but they piled up sometimes and 3 or 4 zounds will play in sequence (mostly music zounds do this) while some of the more immediate word zounds just play while anything else is going. But when a bunch of zounds are piled up, it may go through most of them at least and that can equal up to minute to minute half of nothing but zound if they all nothing but long zounds.
Sometimes a crazy move is the best move.

Ortega
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Ortega » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:22 pm

zounds I will say can be fun for people but are more annoyying to some. IMO (ONLY MY OPINION) I would like to see them go away. For one they is a issue with some people thinking they are bad and then others who abuse them. We don't want drama on a the server but these are always brought up on the fact that people get pissed off and other keep doing it because they have BBCS (Big Balls Computer Sydrome) I know many people have worked hard on them but they keep causing a issue. Might be something to look at or explain in detail what they actaully do to the server. if they hurt the server then yes I say remove them. That was on of the issue why I went to another game was because of the lag. Joeys server is great enough to overcome the lag but for awhile its well worth it.
Later all!

Quester115
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Quester115 » Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:01 pm

easy fix, may be able to in future versions of zounds by sending a large on-screen message if you play more than (constant <= (zounds played) / time ) during any given match that say something along the lines of "please refrain from over use of zounds". but untill that or its taken off, lets just agree to not use musics zounds during high action, limit the use during specing, repeating the same zound, repeatedly using more than one zound at a time,... ... aka spamming. ok done? good
[seeking truth in life, no matter how painful it can be]

TheMadDJ
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by TheMadDJ » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:41 pm

I won't mention the crap round of ONS which caused me and Sloppy to test the theory that Zounds cause lag....Mainly because that isn't the point.

Ok, they don't that that much effect on lag, but they are annoying. So, only use them a few times a game, if at all.

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:56 pm

Rule #9 from the list of server rules.

http://monstermadness.iforumer.com/view ... termadness
9).DO NOT PLAY MUSICAL ZOUNDS AFTER WAVE 15- Playing musical zounds (ie: ppk, rnot, gsong....) after wave 15 causes lag on the server. Please do not play musical zounds after wave 15.
If you lost your cd and have the old drive and have not reinstalled UT2004 or reformatted the drive, you can find your old cd key in the registry here ...

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technologies\Installed Apps\UT2004

Return to “UT2004 Server Removal”