FIRST TIME BANNED, COMPUTER ERROR.

Just been BANNED or KICKED from the server and don't know why? Appeal to be unbanned from the server here, or find out why you were kicked/banned.
toxicstone

FIRST TIME BANNED, COMPUTER ERROR.

Post by toxicstone » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:08 am

Hi my Name is Jonny i am from Sweden i have played on your server not for long but ,
latest today i was lvl little better,
and starting to getting up to the others,
but my computer lagged much, have done for a while but havent had a dvd cd to reinstall it,
then today my screen went black and i could do noting.
Then after a time , i shutdown my computer and went to the store etc.
But no i am banned and i think its for idle but it wasnt my fault, so i hope you can unbanned me,
i have reinstall my computer so it want happen again...

Thanks for reading ...

Mvh Jonny

Archangel
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Archangel » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:21 am

First.......Let's find out some things.......

1. If your having problems with your computer, what are the system specs? CPU, memory, video card, operating system, etc....... This will help us determine what's wrong and how you go about fixing it so you can enjoy the server. Also include what type of connection your using whether it be cable, DSL or dial-up.

2. Read up on server rules and all the "ins & outs" on how the game is played. This includes how to setup all the necessary keybinds to toss weapons, artifacts, etc.....

3. If your computer locks up, make sure that you don't have any other programs running, such as antivirus, P2P downloaders, etc.... which drive your ping rate up to where you get kicked from server.

4. Unless you really messed up, you were probably just kicked for 24 hrs. and that's it.

5. Make sure your system is healthy (while NOT on server) by checking for viruses and spyware and ridding them prior to playing.

Help us out so we can help you........otherwise the same thing will happen again.

toxicstone

OK let see

Post by toxicstone » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:04 pm

I have 5000+ amd
2gb pc2-5300? something 5000
Rapotr 74 gb 10k rpm
windows vista home premium 64bit with selfmade patch for ut2004 for 64bit support
Geforce 7600GT
and 24/1 mbit broadband i set on fastes T1 a thin its called maybe should do that?
Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC
and no antivirus program

Quester115
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: OK let see

Post by Quester115 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:20 pm

toxicstone wrote: and no antivirus program
download avg antivirus, they offer a free scanner for you, run that
may not hurt to go get spybot while you're at it, easy, quick, and free
[seeking truth in life, no matter how painful it can be]

kanabanoid
Corporal
Corporal

Post by kanabanoid » Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:03 pm

Yes plz.. get some kind of antivirus program. not having one is like not useing a condom, lol.... just not smart : )
Q9550 @ 3.833
GTX 480
ASUS Striker II
Soundblaster X-Fi extreem
CORSAIR pc3 12800 2 X 2gb
Enermax PRO 82+ (PSU)
Bigwater 735 cooler
Antec 900 (case)
1200w (RMS) Sound system 200 watt duel 10" sub's
Logitech G510

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:35 pm

Yes you were banned for idling because it wasn't the first time. I did lift the ban.

Get avg and spybot, run both, then try to play.
If you lost your cd and have the old drive and have not reinstalled UT2004 or reformatted the drive, you can find your old cd key in the registry here ...

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technologies\Installed Apps\UT2004

toxicstone

Post by toxicstone » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:14 am

Ok,thanks i know i will fix im just lazy hehe , im gonna play in a couple of days, my gf is coming so hehe, see you then :)

CWO
Private
Private

Post by CWO » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:03 am

Just want to post the links to the legit sites so you don't end up getting scammed or tricked into downloading a similar named program that ends up being a virus/spyware of its own.

AVG Free - http://free.avg.com/
SpyBot Search and Destroy http://www.safer-networking.org

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:33 am

Yes you are banned again for idling. One week no ifs and's butt's or "my comptuer broke".

Fix the computer.
If you lost your cd and have the old drive and have not reinstalled UT2004 or reformatted the drive, you can find your old cd key in the registry here ...

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technologies\Installed Apps\UT2004

Archangel
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Archangel » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:07 pm

ZombieSlayer wrote:Yes you are banned again for idling. One week no ifs and's butt's or "my comptuer broke".

Fix the computer.
Listen here toxicstone..........

We were nice enough to extend a hand and make you welcome into our community and then you do the same damn thing again????

As far as I'm concerned, you should be banned permanently for your conduct (or lack of).

Return to “UT2004 Server Removal”