Banned for idling by Twinkie

Just been BANNED or KICKED from the server and don't know why? Appeal to be unbanned from the server here, or find out why you were kicked/banned.
schnappysausage

Banned for idling by Twinkie

Post by schnappysausage » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:49 am

I haven't been on Monster Madness for months now, and last time I tried to play it said I've been banned. Kyle and Deathrasher told me my account banned for idling by Twnkie. I purchased my UT2004 as a used copy at gamestop so my CD key is probably out there, so I have no clue who this might have been.

As I've read here on the forums, idle bans are temporary, but it doesn't seem to be in this case, as I've been banned for well over a month now.

Thanks for your time.

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: Banned for idling by Twinkie

Post by ZombieSlayer » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:14 pm

You're not on our ban list as schnappysausage, your key might be globally banned, or you were using a different name. If you can think of any other names you played on I can check those.
If you lost your cd and have the old drive and have not reinstalled UT2004 or reformatted the drive, you can find your old cd key in the registry here ...

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technologies\Installed Apps\UT2004

schnappysausage

Post by schnappysausage » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:58 pm

Thanks for the reply Zombie. I'm sure my key is not globally banned as I use it on a lot of other servers.

You can also look up banned players by their player hash id. Mine is c78c88ea2b9b13d411f7baac9cfccc8a

Also, I don't know what player name was being used at the time my account got banned. I'm 100% sure this was done by someone else with access to my CD-key.

Anyway. when I try to connect it says my "IP was banned from this server", although that is just the default message for banned players. My IP is not actually banned, as I can enter the server simply by changing CD-keys. If you need anything else please let me know. Thanks.

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:54 pm

You are now unbanned :D Name was Draegh
If you lost your cd and have the old drive and have not reinstalled UT2004 or reformatted the drive, you can find your old cd key in the registry here ...

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technologies\Installed Apps\UT2004

schnappysausage

Post by schnappysausage » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:40 am

Awesome, thanks a lot man.

Return to “UT2004 Server Removal”