IP Banned? Monster Madness Help!

Just been BANNED or KICKED from the server and don't know why? Appeal to be unbanned from the server here, or find out why you were kicked/banned.
INFERNO2594

IP Banned? Monster Madness Help!

Post by INFERNO2594 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:39 pm

Hello i used to play lots and lots on you're server with a friend named KroniKx3x. Few days ago we decided to join back in since the release of the new patch applied to the server. However! This time i had purchased a legit copy of UT2004 from GOG.com and now For some odd reason i have been IP Banned? No idea why!?
My in game name is INFERNO2594 i dont understand why i would be banned, Im friends with paintball and used to play with him alot as well with many others. I never had no problems with anyone at all. Please Gaming madness let me know whats going on and hopefully we can lift this IP ban. If it matters reason why i said legit copy, is before hand, Kron had supplied me with a cracked copy of
UT2004 + A CD Key he had gotten. From that point i had play UT2004 my whole time and spent my hrs leveling my character (INFERNO2594) On that CDKey and game that he had sent me. After a good while now we decide to back but he had told me to maybe buy a legit copy this time from GOG.com And come here to gaming madness to pay you guys 10$ to switch my OLD CD key that he had gotten me
for the new one i gotten with GOG so i can have all my progress still from INFERNO2594 and to continue to play! So with all that said hopefully we can get sum clarification and hopefully get me back in to playing with you guys! Thanks!

BaronVonRotterdam
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Re: IP Banned? Monster Madness Help!

Post by BaronVonRotterdam » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:13 pm

Hi Inferno,

I don't see your name or IP banned on our server, nor do I see kronik's name banned. What I do see is about 40 accounts that are using the cracked cd key and a fresh CD key. The name that got the fresh CD key banned and the cracked one is "KennyTheOne". My recommendation is to try to change your name to something random like "Test353532316" and try to join. If you are still banned then you are not being honest.

-Baron
| ASRock Fatal1ty X470 | AMD Ryzen 3700x @Stock | 32GB DDR4 3200 mHz | Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 Super | Dell S2417DG |

Gothicize
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Gothicize » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:57 am

Hey Baron, Kronik person isn't banned or anything. They've been on the server while I was there playing.

KroniKx3x

Post by KroniKx3x » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:51 pm

Hello guys, To make it clear yes its not me that is banned. My friend INFERNO2594 is. Now what hes trying to say is that he wants know what why he is IP banned and if it can be lifted.
When he tried to join the server after buying a legit copy it told him right away that he was IP'd from the server. & he has no idea why, he never did anything wrong or caused problems on the server, hell were mainly quiet when we play cause we chat on teamspeak. As for what baron said that is believable since i was the one that gave inferno that cdkey but i obtained it threw piratebay. So honestly any one whos anyone could of used that key and cheat there heads off if they wanted to. However when inferno had it he never did nothing like that just joined me on monster madness and we played, and everything worked fine. no bans no anything. no problems. My guess is when we decided to take a break perhaps someone else got ahold of the key 1 day and decided to play. but to join the madness server out of all servers and to get banned just boggles me. Anyway even if that was the case! Inferno just recently purchased a copy of UT2004 so he would have a fresh CDkey and all. But now he has an IP banned and thats why hes stuck. I'll tell him to try again with a test name first and see what happends ill message back or he will with results.

BaronVonRotterdam
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by BaronVonRotterdam » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:07 pm

KroniKx3x wrote:Hello guys, To make it clear yes its not me that is banned. My friend INFERNO2594 is. Now what hes trying to say is that he wants know what why he is IP banned and if it can be lifted.
When he tried to join the server after buying a legit copy it told him right away that he was IP'd from the server. & he has no idea why, he never did anything wrong or caused problems on the server, hell were mainly quiet when we play cause we chat on teamspeak. As for what baron said that is believable since i was the one that gave inferno that cdkey but i obtained it threw piratebay. So honestly any one whos anyone could of used that key and cheat there heads off if they wanted to. However when inferno had it he never did nothing like that just joined me on monster madness and we played, and everything worked fine. no bans no anything. no problems. My guess is when we decided to take a break perhaps someone else got ahold of the key 1 day and decided to play. but to join the madness server out of all servers and to get banned just boggles me. Anyway even if that was the case! Inferno just recently purchased a copy of UT2004 so he would have a fresh CDkey and all. But now he has an IP banned and thats why hes stuck. I'll tell him to try again with a test name first and see what happends ill message back or he will with results.
Even though the screen says he is IP banned, he is not. Perhaps he can go on https://www.whatismyip.com/ and tell me what his IP is so I can verify that his IP is not banned? If his IP is indeed not banned, then the new CD key he has is banned which suggests that:

A.) The new CD key is not really new and he got ripped off by GOG.

B.) He has used this CD to join the server in the past and this is simply an effort to get unbanned.

Now as far as lifting the ban, that is an option, though he'd be under supervision. However to lift the ban I would need his GUID / CD-Key hash. That can be found in a web-admin interface by viewing the playerlist. If you could setup a dedicated server on your local machine and have inferno join and then get me his hash I can double check and see if the hash is banned, if the hash is banned that means his new cd key is banned. If his new cd key is banned then see A and B above. But either way, I need this information to proceed.

-Baron
| ASRock Fatal1ty X470 | AMD Ryzen 3700x @Stock | 32GB DDR4 3200 mHz | Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 Super | Dell S2417DG |

KroniKx3x

Post by KroniKx3x » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:45 pm

Alrighty baron i intend to try out your idea and if i can obtain the info you need i will post the info in this thread as soon as possible. Inferno has been busy with work so this has been on pause quite awhile but will intend to do this asap. Thanks for the responses either way it shows you guys care :) One thing that i can confirm that we tried was joining with a different name and that didnt help much at all for inferno it still told him he was IP'd. So we will post soon with results of the hash idea.
:epicbattle:

BaronVonRotterdam
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by BaronVonRotterdam » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:40 am

KroniKx3x wrote:Alrighty baron i intend to try out your idea and if i can obtain the info you need i will post the info in this thread as soon as possible. Inferno has been busy with work so this has been on pause quite awhile but will intend to do this asap. Thanks for the responses either way it shows you guys care :) One thing that i can confirm that we tried was joining with a different name and that didnt help much at all for inferno it still told him he was IP'd. So we will post soon with results of the hash idea.
:epicbattle:
Does Inferno live in Alabama or California? If not then he isn't IP banned. But either way, as soon as you can get me that information I can run a check.

-Baron

INFERNO2594

Post by INFERNO2594 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:47 pm

Hey Baron, I'm sorry for for the delay I've been very busy with work so i haven't been able to get back to you, but i did as you asked and acquired my IP which is 68.199.34.221. I really hope this helps because i really miss this server and want to play with all you guys again. Thank you so much for trying to help me :) and hope to here from soon :nanana: :tongue:

BaronVonRotterdam
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by BaronVonRotterdam » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:07 pm

INFERNO2594 wrote:Hey Baron, I'm sorry for for the delay I've been very busy with work so i haven't been able to get back to you, but i did as you asked and acquired my IP which is 68.199.34.221. I really hope this helps because i really miss this server and want to play with all you guys again. Thank you so much for trying to help me :) and hope to here from soon :nanana: :tongue:
This CD key is not banned in our DB. You must be CD key banned. I need your hash/GUID from another server. Kronik was going to help you with that.

-Baron

INFERNO2594

Post by INFERNO2594 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:30 pm

ok then thats sounds good. how do i acquire that hash/GUID?

Return to “UT2004 Server Removal”