Monday DTS start, rant and suggestions:

General discussion.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Do you like the way weapons work right now?

Yes
39%
No
No votes
Can live with it, but would like to see changes.
61%

Total votes: 18

Cadmium
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by Cadmium » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:05 pm

I actually like a lot of your ideas, if not all.

Anyway about summons, from my observations there are certain weps that tend to summon the same things but different maps also affect this as well. With that in mind it's actually pretty random but that doesn't change the fact that I'll put summons on Flaks, Rl's, Link guns, shield guns, and bio guns.

For example I've always noticed in Training day, I can usually summon an ssr by putting a summon on a link or shield gun. In fact the ssr is a common summon on Training day. On other maps other weapons seem more favorable too.

Also, like drae, I summon crap half the time I just never say anything...

Amy Infless
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by Amy Infless » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:24 pm

Paintball wrote:Well its a good idea. Ill toss it to joey and will see what he thinks.
many of these ideas mm had long time ago, but there are not many who want go back to the roots.... just wonder why these now should come back when most didnt wanted it or joey changed it to become more interessting or challenging gameplay or more bugfree, whatever the reasons are at that time when it changed, why now want it back?

i remember the 3-summon-time, when you placed 3 summons in one wop and you get a target-pointer in training day... cool... even an avril would be better in that case...

i remember the time when retention was gone after you died, then next wave all died again and all weps lost except the one you hold with denial2... it was not the cry for "gimme pu´s", "you stole my w/e", most you (or i) heared: "any spare retention?"... sup... funny time.. we dont need 20 waves then anymore when most dont have weps from wave 12-end...

etc....

my only suggestion for that "summonproblem" is, if this is a teamgame, then summons are fr everyone, and not for the one and only who had allways the luck to get 7-12 summons nearly EVERY fkin map, and is happy getting 2aks, 1 lilly, 3 shottys, 1howie, 1 ssr etc and isnt sharing or announcing it... no i dont name who!
my suggestion is a using limit, 2, max.3 per player, so if the lucky one get 2 or 3 summoons and "failed" to summon something good he/she need to play with what the game gives him/her. they should not be able to pick more or if, then summon should disapear from inventory.. maybe so others have more luck to get one....

ats
Do not try kill THIS bug !!! ->Image Your monitor may not like it...

Those who correct my English will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

Newspaper
Private
Private

Post by Newspaper » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:16 pm

* Retention should have a limit, meaning that retention should work up to a certain number of times the player dies (this would not apply for resurrects) player dies 3 or 4 times, pu goes kaput, put another next wave.
thats the only thing i dont agree with...

TheSynGame
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by TheSynGame » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:34 am

I hate IG shields. That's why I never ask anybody if they have spare shields. Kinda defeats the purpose of having those monsters there.

LoneTiger
Private
Private

Post by LoneTiger » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:30 am

TheSynGame wrote:I hate IG shields. That's why I never ask anybody if they have spare shields. Kinda defeats the purpose of having those monsters there.
Yeah monsters should continue doing damage, same happens for nukes, 3 deemer shields and you are immune to deemers from nalis or green warlords, I mean, one thing is being though, the other is being terminator :D

Oh also why not fix the lightning gun disruptor pu? that also has been pending for a while.

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:10 am

2 deemer pus not 3 ;p

Disrupter works fine. Mobs die too fast for you to notice. If you keep shooting the mob it will die ;) Disrupter does not work for every hit so you have to actually try to not kill the mob if you want to see disrupter in action.

A possible tweak which has been floating around in my head is to make the mob impervious to player fire when disrupter takes effect. Meaning that only the other mobs can kill it or the timer runs out and it goes back to being a regular mob.
If you lost your cd and have the old drive and have not reinstalled UT2004 or reformatted the drive, you can find your old cd key in the registry here ...

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technologies\Installed Apps\UT2004

Return to “UT2004 General Discussion”