Not so much of a steaming pile of crap anymore, but...

General discussion.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Rumple
Private
Private

Not so much of a steaming pile of crap anymore, but...

Post by Rumple » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:38 pm

I really like it.

A couple things though;

1) Automatic Frag Grenade spawns. THIS HAS TO STOP.
Whenever someone gets a frag grenade from a summons and they throw it away, IT STAYS THERE and becomes a frag grenade spawn. And since people usually throw their
shit away in the middle of a pathway, it is hard to avoid them.

2) Boxes and walls turn brick red, glass walls become brick red and solid. This happens instantly once I place a box or wall...and they don't last very long at all.

3) It is glitchy around the boxes...It's almost impossible to jump if you are right next to one.

4) Commanders who leave (or crash) mid-game without giving-up Commander are doing us no favors. It is VERY hard to get enough people to Mutate Mutiny to get a
commander back into the game. Same thing with low-levels or people new to the game...They get commander and have no clue what to do with it...then die 19 times
without giving it up.

My suggestion (plea really) to rectify the commander problem is as follows;

1) If the Commander leaves the game for whatever reason, Commander ReVote should become automatic.

2) If Mutate Mutiny is needed, it should only need TWO votes to enact it, no matter how many people are playing. There is language barrier and a "don't care" barrier
that rarely, if ever, allows Mutate Mutiny to be used...and there are people who think it's being mean to use it!

Thanks!

AnnieGamer
Private
Private

Re: Not so much of a steaming pile of crap anymore, but...

Post by AnnieGamer » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:08 pm

Agreed on the commander vote, if possible than there is no reason why there cant an auto revote when commander leaves! It makes the most sense. Usually when someone leaves as commander they have a crash or lag out so its not possible to resign without reloading UT and/or the server and waiting to respawn since you cant resign when you connect and join the game OUT. Make it auto! The other thing I would like to see is a timer for the engineer buildings. Sometimes players will be in one late in a game and it just disappears and then everyone dies. Maybe have it turn color when its got under a minute left to orange or something? The maze doesnt last very long and even the house is only like 2-3 waves long. The box can be reused too often and I think that the house definitely can't be used often enough. It should have a much better reuse time since its actually useful and doesnt take up too much space. The box seems to be reusable every 5 minutes, but I think the maze is best kept to be used rarely. Ive seen a few games where someone will place it and completely block something off, so perhaps there should be a spawn block that prevents it from spawning in an area where it would go through a wall or something, kinda like when the turrets are used, they cant be put where people respawn or right against the wall. Also they shouldnt be spawnable on top of players cause I've had times where I was using one and another player happened to be running by and then was inside of it with me, and then they tried putting me inside one on purpose thinking I did it to them purposely. Its not very rare that someone gets stuck in one for a few waves and that brings up an issue similar to when people were spawning sentinels on eachother back in the day lol,, cause it can easily be done on accident and then that person has somebody trying to get revenge because they assumed it was on purpose.

Rumple
Private
Private

Post by Rumple » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:07 pm

lol... I made this post originally because Anni left as commander, and there was not a good enuff grasp of the English language to mutiny.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Make the commander vote automatic when the commander leaves to go cruise censored sites!!!

AnnieGamer
Private
Private

Post by AnnieGamer » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:30 pm

Haha I knew you did, that was during the few days when I was nonstop crashing lol. I was so mad then like I tried playing without res and it was almost impossible. Even I didn't know how to give up commander for a bit or to mutiny either, hardly anyone knows how still. Thank god the crashes seemed to have stopped cause Im sure there would have been plenty of times I or someone else crash and then decided to not come back right away so there would be no comm in a bunch of games!

Return to “UT2004 General Discussion”