Issue with weapon summons and guns.

General discussion.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

AnnieGamer
Private
Private

Issue with weapon summons and guns.

Post by AnnieGamer » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:31 pm

When 180 first came out I was very happy to see that they had removed the bad weapons like avril, grenade launcher, and lightning gun from the summons. Weapons were added to be summonable that were not before like the particle, essr, and wand. Recently, it seems like something was changed A LOT and summons are completely useless 90% of the time. I am not sure if the essr powerup is still on the server as I havent seen it in a while, I was told it is rare now but it seems to be gone. So then why is the essr also gone from being summoned? It seems like you usually summon a starter weapon, the raptor or ak47. Like half of my summons are one of those two guns. The old AK47 was my favorite gun but unfortunately the new one is quite useless and I found that using a medic mp5 was stronger than a loaded ak47 with two rambos when that was possible and max damage, etc. Recently the Nyan rifle had its damage increased so I sincerely hope that the AK becomes somewhat usable again. Before it had spread damage, just a little but the fact that it explodes when you fire it without and spread damage now makes no sense. Basically the gun was nerfed to hell. My suggestion for that is keep the current AK as the class starter, give it a damage boost, and remove that one from summons and replace it with the good AK47 that was on the server for years.
The odds for summoning the starter guns is definitely too high. The next four most common summons are the mini rl, the serious sam cannon, the nyan and the howitzer. I agree they are all more limited in usability so they should be more common. But when 80%-90% of your summons are one of those guns, it gets frustrating. If the wand is not summonable that I get that, but why not have the regular super shock rifle be summonable again and the essr and particle? The ssr was for the longest time and since you can't gold it, it also has limited usability. I guess what I don't get is why most of the weapons in the crate can't be summoned now. Particle is a rare powerup as well as the laser rifle and lil lady, so why take them all out of the summon pool? Why in the hell is the ESSR powerup gone or 10 times rarer than those 3 powerups? The particle and lady are basically the same strength as the ESSR and they are even stronger with superforce. So why is it not dropping? The ssr mini powerup is the rarest powerup on the server that actually drops so if the ESSR is rare it should have the same chance as the mini because whatever it is currently set at, IT IS NOT DROPPING. Paintball said that he had the Wand previously set to a super low chance but it was not dropping AT ALL. We thought it had been removed a few weeks ago but then he said it was an error and it was supposed to be extremely rare. So I believe that the same thing happened with the ESSR and whatever it is set at is too low for it to ever drop in a game. The last thing I want to mention is the powerups chest. I know that Paint had planned on the new powerups being in it and said they should be now, and that the wand powerup was still available only in the chest, but there are still NO new powerups in it, so I dont know if thats a mistake or not but I wanted to bring that up. Anyways, please take a look at the chances of items dropping as I believe the ESSR powerup is not dropping properly. Like I said its no stronger than the lady and particle so there is no reason to have them at different drop rates! At least have it be possible to get lol cause its not dropping at all :( Please look at the summon chance rates as well and consider balancing them so that the starter weapons do not dominate the summoned weapons. I sincerely get a summon other than the 6 i listed about 1 in 10 tries :( and bring back all of the weapons besides the wand as summonable guns! Thanks for reading, happy playing all!

Amy Infless
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Re: Issue with weapon summons and guns.

Post by Amy Infless » Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:19 am

i did long time say nothing.. but i guess i am the one and only again...
AnnieGamer wrote:...summons are completely useless 90% of the time.
But when 80%-90% of your summons are one of those guns,
it gets frustrating.
really? YOU are frustrated? yeah, i can imagine how frustrating it must be,
beeing one of those players who finish maps all the time with 15k+ scores,
no matter what weapon you use, while the 2. player, even good ones, have
only around 3-5k.

also, you wrote that wrong its not "80%-90% of "your" summons", i am sure
you meant: " 80%-90% of MY summons".

welcome in OUR world. maybe you can imagine THAT happening to all others
every day every map every week since years!
AnnieGamer wrote:I sincerely get a summon other than the 6 i listed
about 1 in 10 tries :(

how does it feel? how do YOU feel? i really wanna know!
it must be horrible to you not getting more points because summons now
finally dont give you the wep you want.

i am not sure if players like you really feel sad/bad/horrible/sick or w/e,
but if, i am also not sure if YOU can imagine, that THIS "problem", only
getting 1 good wep out of 10 summons, happens to nearly 95% to all other
players EVERY DAY, EVERY MAP AND SINCE YEARS!

hmmm... looks like i just had a Déjà-vu...

while YOU oddly belonged to the 5% who permanently had like 9 good weps out of
10 summons EVERY MAP EVERY DAY AND SINCE YEARS!

another Déjà-vu? whats going on here?

(ha! i got you all! i am sure you all expected me to say again 9 shottys
in 10 maps!)

how do you feel now that you know that THIS feeling have so
many others when they see you play?

sorry but i am really glad summons work that "good" now.

btw, in the last 10 maps i played we had like 30 particles, 1 wand, 15 essrs and 15 lillys.

looks like lilly and essr drop same rate.

i dont see why it is rare. maybe the possiblity for this contingency
is based on the time you play?

also maybe this special randomness was made so everyone, score-wh*res included,
shall try out more other weapons and not only mp5, shotty and flak to make sure
these (new) weapon(s)(-pu´s) work well over a longer time?

dunno.

ats
Do not try kill THIS bug !!! ->Image Your monitor may not like it...

Those who correct my English will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

AnnieGamer
Private
Private

Re: Issue with weapon summons and guns.

Post by AnnieGamer » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:42 pm

So I did see a few essr pups, I had a feeling that after I posted this they would drop if they were still working lol. But they still are way rarer than the laser particle and lady. As far as the summons, its the same thing every day pretty much. Its Raptor AK Howie Nyan Sam Cannon Mini RL 9/10 summons, so obviously the percentages for those weapons are much much higher than everything else. Overall my problem with the summon system is that it seems like very few guns are actually attainable through the summon powerup now compared to earlier when 180 came out. The heavy SSR, x2laser and the combat shotgun are the only good weapons that can be summoned it seems, so Im hoping that since the server is so much harder now that they will change it back to how it was before and put all the crate guns back into the summon pool. The crate DOESNT OPEN still, although sometimes when there are many players in a game and it gets passed around somebody can get it open. Maybe it has something to do with the new classes cause since Ive had 1 i havent been able to open it, and most people can not! Who knows when it will be fixed, so for now there are quite a few weapons on the server that are ungettable. Im not saying its making it harder cause there are plenty of weapons and powerups that can be used well, but using the same few guns every game gets boring and that is why I always liked the server, the choice in weapon! So yeah Im just bringing up for the people who can fix it, hopefully at the very least least the crate works again soon lol.

Return to “UT2004 General Discussion”