Just a quick note about the dev server

This is the Patch 180 Discussion Forum
BaronVonRotterdam
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Just a quick note about the dev server

Post by BaronVonRotterdam » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:16 pm

We just threw all the files up there with a random rpg setting. It will not be as easy as it is to make rank. Everything you see is only for testing purposes. We plan to make it take 6 months or so worth of playing to make lieutenant. For example, my BF2 account is a 2nd Lieutenant and it took me 467:42:17 to get where I am (I am 91.22% to 1st Lieutenant :D). So it took roughly 467 hours. I make about 100 points a game and the days I played I probably played for 2-5 hours. We plan to make RPG just like that. It would be no fun if you made General in 3 weeks of non stop playing. Just keep this in mind when you are playing that mostly everything you see will be subject to change.

Source:

http://bf2s.com/player/118885766/
Last edited by BaronVonRotterdam on Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
| ASRock Fatal1ty X470 | AMD Ryzen 3700x @Stock | 32GB DDR4 3200 mHz | Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 Super | Dell S2417DG |

TheSynGame
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by TheSynGame » Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:19 pm

like that first wave ;p

Hicky
Private
Private

The server is unplayable

Post by Hicky » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:49 am

Right now the only way you can play on the server is in god mode & on maps with an ssr. None of the weapons are effective against the monsters except for a wand ,ssr or redeemer. Partical ,Howie,Essr,mini ssr,flack w/razor/blast ,Rocket w/fireball/flare/cluster ,Mp5, The new machine gun ,combat shotty none will kill any of the monsters. And even with Wand or ssr you have to be in god mode or hidden otherwise monsters slaughter you. I'm sure these are all things that are being worked on. Want to play and try all the things on the server so let me know when its playable

SirBeast
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Re: The server is unplayable

Post by SirBeast » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:20 pm

Hicky wrote:Right now the only way you can play on the server is in god mode & on maps with an ssr. None of the weapons are effective against the monsters except for a wand ,ssr or redeemer. Partical ,Howie,Essr,mini ssr,flack w/razor/blast ,Rocket w/fireball/flare/cluster ,Mp5, The new machine gun ,combat shotty none will kill any of the monsters. And even with Wand or ssr you have to be in god mode or hidden otherwise monsters slaughter you. I'm sure these are all things that are being worked on. Want to play and try all the things on the server so let me know when its playable
yeah, Hicky's right on the money here
I will consistently sacrifice political correctness for an attempt at humor. If ya can't deal, then ya need ta stop being ign'ant.

Sig by the awesome AnnaBeaver

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:23 pm

Well to be honest this test server was only supposed to be open for admins so we could be in god mode, slow down game speed, spawn stuff, etc etc ;)

Since the patch is so close to being done, we decided to just have one test session instead of having one for admins, and then a closed beta for those that signed up oh so long ago :D
If you lost your cd and have the old drive and have not reinstalled UT2004 or reformatted the drive, you can find your old cd key in the registry here ...

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technologies\Installed Apps\UT2004

Return to “Patch 180 Beta Tester Discussion Forum”