just a hint for everyone who´s trying 180-testserver

This is the Patch 180 Discussion Forum
Amy Infless
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

just a hint for everyone who´s trying 180-testserver

Post by Amy Infless » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:10 pm

hi.

ok, didnt know if joey really understand what i "did"/how i "did it"..

so from the beginning, and not for joey only ;-)

1. plug in a 2. monitor in your gfx-card.
2. enable it (sorry, no time to explain how) in windows-"settings"
3. start ut2004
4. go to test-server
(if you still dont know where: "join game" -> "favorites" -> right click in server-list
-> click "add to favorites" -> enter: 204.11.33.157:9090 (it is :9090 and NOT .9090 !!!)
->click "ok", when you join you will be asked for a password: -> enter: ut2012. if you cant
join because of file missmatch or other errors, delete the files in ut-cache-folder or w/e
you find the file causing problems (or make a copy of that file and delete the orig.)
5. when ready to play, open console and enter: showlog
you will notice ut will turn into windows mode. minimize its window, because the showlog-window
is behind it.
6. move the showlog-window to your 2. monitor! stretch it a bit if you want...(the window)
7. go back to game-window and play.
8. if doing right, every error or other more or less usefull or useless message will appear
now in "real time" in the showlog-window.
so this way you can find some errors NOW, and not 1 hour after a map ends and you didnt
know anymore when have you (or others (players and/or monsters)) done this or that...

just an example: if you find a shield- or healthgenerator-pu, load it in your weapon.
you will immediately notice

ScriptLog: Timer On!

showing now in the log-file.
this also will appear every time you switch to a weapon with these pus loaded.
note: now you can load 3 healthgens-pus (into ONE weapon!), mixed with 1 shieldgen-pu
and there will be shown

in showlogfile-window when you switch to this weapon.

(whyever its "timer on" i dunno, its just for you to test it is instantly showing when YOU do
this action)

i bet if this work for all testers you should find some errors faster than trying to find out
much later by re-reading the log-files, what action could have caused which error...

hope you all did understand this, enjoy testing.

ats

p.s.: if you dont have a 2. monitor, you could also try play ut2k4 in windows mode,
so you get two windows on one screen, but if you play on a 17"-monitor this should
be not really funny...
Do not try kill THIS bug !!! ->Image Your monitor may not like it...

Those who correct my English will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

Return to “Patch 180 Beta Tester Discussion Forum”