180´s new bugs/errors 2012 and some other things

This is the Patch 180 Discussion Forum
KNC
Private
Private

Re: 180´s new bugs/errors 2012 and some other things

Post by KNC » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:36 pm

Amy Infless wrote:in the map training day the blue/green warlord didnt fire and didnt do any other damage,
just flying around. does it need more space to fire?
There are some warlords around which actually have only melee attacks instead of missiles, that might have been one of them.

Recently I noticed a bug with the shock cannon pu. Once in a time under certin circumstances (don't know the exact ones) it goes into an autofire mode, that should be well known already. What might be new is that that can lead to an vehicle firing those Paladin shells constanly straight ahead while all other functions or weapons of the vehicle can still be used normally, resulting in an nice but most likely unwanted powerup. Something like that could however be used to make vehicles more useful, well whatever I have no specific idea as to how to do that.

Archangel
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Archangel » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:19 pm

ZombieSlayer wrote:Yep to fix the pu crashes we need to put a timer on scrolling of pus, limit how man you can drop during x time, limit how many you can pick up during x time, and put a timer on picking up a pu you accidentally dropped.

Also need to put a timer from unloading a weapon to switching to a new weapon. This should be a second max and will help prevent the runaway loop as well.

Great.......now we have to survive while waiting to cycle through PUs and weapons......lmao

Amy Infless
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by Amy Infless » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:25 pm

no problem, just havin more fun at the testserver atm, so ill try to find more.

today just one maybe-bug, and YES, AMY YOU ARE SOOO MEEAAAANNN!!
(cause i never liked that "feature" in v179)
i dont know if thats a new feature atm, or if its just for testing.
you can load now three healthgenerator-pu`s, and (but only) one shieldgenerator-pu.
(thats not the bug, just explanation)
thankfully the self-jug-stacking "feature" is now disabled, means, if you toss
and repick a wop with shield- and/or health-gen-pu many times, you are nearly
invulnerable, like if you do that 20 times or more your health will go from 10 to 600
within half a second when you crouch. THIS doesnt work anymore, BUT....
...if you now load a secondary wop with 3 healthgenerators and 1 shieldgen, too, crouch!
then switch to primary weapon (also loaded with 3 healthgen/1shieldgen)WHILE CROUCHING,
then it stacks that effekt again, means, as long as you crouch you have the effekt from
six healthgens and 2 shieldgen-pu`s. thats also very fast selfhealing in that case, think
that was not supposed to work that way.

edit: a second maybe-bug, i didnt figure out why, but sometimes i cant pick ammo, like if i
hold a minigun, and try to run over the minigun-ammo, i doesnt get it (with low ammo!)
and a bit later, not doing what i have done i could pick it, no matter if i hold mini or not.
thats just an example, noticed that with flak-ammo too, so i guess that "problem" exist for more
weapons

btw pu-crash,
just a question: if i stand still, and do nothing, really nothing,
then i get hit by a titans rock, why do i have the pu-crash without tossing, cycling,
picking them or getting it tossed via other player or other players loaded weapon?
even with no pu in the inventory, except the wrenches and medic item?!
does that timer thing work in that case? i remember rare pu-crashes when i just
joined, had nothing except the wrenches/medic and got hit by titan and crashed
with pu-bug without havin any pu (and sure i got no loaded weapon from anyone)
thankfully i got that not very often anymore, not because of less playing, more
because of paranoia not to get hit by titans and w/e comes, titanshields will be
nearly allways loaded, except i´m playing with a damaged rl-3 till wave 20...

ats
Do not try kill THIS bug !!! ->Image Your monitor may not like it...

Those who correct my English will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

Amy Infless
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by Amy Infless » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:52 pm

now i got one too, and i know its old...
but this time we are again at the question: what has pu-bug to do with me healing myself in a hideout (were
no monster can get in or hit me) with a medic combat shotgun while i suddenly got that message.... hmpft...?????

Code: Select all

WopRpgInteraction Package.WopRpgInteraction (Function EnhancedWeaponsOfPower_v180.WopRpgInteraction.GetPowerupCount:0039) Runaway loop detected (over 10000000 iterations)

History: FFrame::Serialize <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (InteractionMaster Package.InteractionMaster, Function Engine.InteractionMaster.Process_Tick) <- UInteractionMaster::MasterProcessTick <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=3) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level DM-AfterhoursDD <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 10910191 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

the mini-"ssr"-pu is now called "sr" (in inventory its still shown as "ssr", but on pickup its called
mini-sr-pu), and the "essr" is now a "esr", any reason??
srmini.jpg

ats
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Amy Infless on Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Amy Infless
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by Amy Infless » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:47 am

sorry if its my fault when you cant launch 180 cause of me finding bugs...

i got some more:

weponlosses and "weaponchanges".

support/engineer class.
combination between the untossed support-minelayer, opend-crate-minelayers and ghost-ability/pu seems
not work well together, it results in some strange things. when i loss weapons (because of ghosting or
dropping a wrong weapon at wrong time),
sometimes i have

1.) only the support weapons/supplykit/transloc and NO mp5/shieldgun
2.) support weps/supply/transloc AND mp5/shieldgun
3.) 1.) or 2.) WITH the retentioned weapon i holded, when ghosted, for my example, redeemer.
4.) when ghosting 2-3 times fast in a row (ghost-ability + ghost-pu + luck, getting a second
ghost-pu after ghosting with the first ghost-pu) it results in weaponchanges and/or doubling
the primary weapons.
so, that means, if you had a supply kit, after ghosting it changes into a supply kit of power, or you have
the regular supply kit AND a second supply kit of power or like in my screenshot a luck supply kit +2.
this lucky supply kit can be golded, but its instantly lost then and disappeared from weaponinventory
and only the regular stays. the same goes for minelayer, turret launcher and the c4-package!
(c4 is goldable then, and can be used with resupply-pu) [c4 did not disapear, and lucky turret or such
i didnt try to gold yet]
buggedthings.jpg
weaponloss2 + awareness-pu
here i had that weaponloss, had redeemer while ghosting. strange thing is, what are these numbers
up top, right near playtime? (48.00) it changed sometimes to other numbers, saw that the first time
now. the pu-inventory also was screwed.
as you can see, i loaded awareness-pu in the redeemer, nice on/off-sound, but it looks
like this is echoing or stacking a bit when switching to often or to fast to it. its like the volume
of that sound gets louder and louder the more often i (pipe-)switch to that weapon. couldnt test more,
i died seconds after that screenshot :-(
weaponloss.jpg

sentinel-remote-bug: (well this one is in 179, i just recogniced that first time some days ago,
but if thats really buggy someone should look into that for patch 180, too)
this worked for me now 3 times: i set the sentinel on remote with shields (i didnt test this with
minigun or rockets yet, but i think that doesnt matter). after that i couldnt switch weapons,
like in picture i kept redeemer and it didnt switch after firing it nearly endless. cant remember
what i did to fixed it, if i dropped the redeemer or if i resurected or died...
sent-remote-bug-no-wepswitch.jpg

would be nice if its possible to lower the monsters power a bit, its hard to test other weapons than ssr,
redeemer or wands without admins, when mostly dying around wave 8-12... and allways playin in
matrix mode needs to looong ;-)

ats
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Archangel
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Archangel » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:40 pm

In pic #2, I get that quite often......

Gothicize
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Gothicize » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:21 pm

UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2005-11-23_16.22]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 3219 MHz with 4094MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 (8562)

WopRpgInteraction Package.WopRpgInteraction (Function EnhancedWeaponsOfPower_v180.WopRpgInteraction.GetPowerupCount:0087) Runaway loop detected (over 10000000 iterations)

History: FFrame::Serialize <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (InteractionMaster Package.InteractionMaster, Function Engine.InteractionMaster.Process_Tick) <- UInteractionMaster::MasterProcessTick <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=3) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Nahkti Ascension <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 10910191 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

map name was nakti ascension, close enough to actual map name.

Amy Infless
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by Amy Infless » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:06 pm

(party) :rivers: (dance)

newsflash :-)

1.)
problem, why-medic-class-users-cant-revive-dead-players SOLVED!!!

i played today with chuckles and recogniced, that he (medic-class) CAN
revive dead players, while many others who tried it, couldnt do it, me included.
now we tested many things, refunding in different ways, buying things in different
ways, even creating a new char didnt work...

dunno why, but i had suddenly the idea to look in my user.ini...

U=use|ActivateItem
this piped command didnt work, it has to be

U=ActivateItem
now i (medic-class) could revive dead players even with a low-level-10 new char...
(i didnt test if U=ActivateItem|Use also dont work...)

but the strange thing is, why can others, who played medic-class before WITH NO
revive working too, now can "use" the revive-heart when beeing support or engineer,
when the revive-heart was tossed to them from a medic-class-user??? for example,
is this special "pu"/"item"/"artifact" changing from "artifact" to "pu" or something
like that when its beeing tossed to someone else so others can use it?

2.)
update to another revive-heart-problem:
it looks like the custom-skin-remover works for the revive-heart-"mode", too.
Players who still use custom-skin, are shown as "blank" in the red "revive-window":
archblank.jpg
now after more testing with that "feature" i also found the reason for this message:

Warning: Failed to load 'NULL': Can't resolve package name
Warning: Failed to load 'Mesh None.': Can't resolve package name
Warning: Failed to load 'Material None.': Can't resolve package name
Warning: Failed to load 'Material None.': Can't resolve package name
Log: SpinnyWeap playanim with no mesh!
example 1, two players are dead, one with regular ut-skin, and one
with custom skin. i activate revive and the small red revive window opens.
i can scroll through dead players. everytime now it switches to the player
with the custom/"blank" skin, this message above appears in logfile.

example 2, two players dead, both with custom"blank" skin in revive window.
switching between them causes endless this warning message until you stop
scrolling/cycling/switching through the dead players...

3.)
sorry i am mean again (devil) while testing that i recogniced something like
a bug... a nice "feature" but i think its not supposed to work that way:
when i (medic-class) use the revive-heart to resurect a player, its removed
from inventory. when i now refund and choose medic-class again, i got
immediately a new heart and can revive next player and so on...(as long
i have enough adrenalin...)...

4.)
in the map "DM-BarPunkysSnipehunt2K4" i had many of this warnings, just cant tell
what the reason was, didnt play with 2. monitor and showing log that time.. :-(

Warning: WeaponOfPower DM-BarPunkysSnipehunt2K4.WeaponOfPower (Function WOPMonsterPack_v180.RPGWeapon.SetHand:0011) Accessed None 'ModifiedWeapon'
Warning: WeaponOfPower DM-BarPunkysSnipehunt2K4.WeaponOfPower (Function WOPMonsterPack_v180.RPGWeapon.BringUp:0006) Accessed None 'ModifiedWeapon'
Warning: WeaponOfPower DM-BarPunkysSnipehunt2K4.WeaponOfPower (Function WOPMonsterPack_v180.RPGWeapon.BringUp:001E) Accessed None 'ModifiedWeapon'
Warning: WeaponOfPower DM-BarPunkysSnipehunt2K4.WeaponOfPower (Function WOPMonsterPack_v180.RPGWeapon.BringUp:005A) Accessed None 'ModifiedWeapon'
Log: WeaponOfPower ClientState was WRONG! (0)
Warning: WeaponOfPower DM-BarPunkysSnipehunt2K4.WeaponOfPower (Function WOPMonsterPack_v180.RPGWeapon.RenderOverlays:0006) Accessed None 'ModifiedWeapon'
Warning: WeaponOfPower DM-BarPunkysSnipehunt2K4.WeaponOfPower (Function WOPMonsterPack_v180.RPGWeapon.GetAmmoCount:0006) Accessed None 'ModifiedWeapon'
Warning: WeaponOfPower DM-BarPunkysSnipehunt2K4.WeaponOfPower (Function WOPMonsterPack_v180.RPGWeapon.MaxAmmo:0020) Accessed None 'ModifiedWeapon'
Warning: WeaponOfPower DM-BarPunkysSnipehunt2K4.WeaponOfPower (Function WOPMonsterPack_v180.RPGWeapon.AmmoStatus:004E) Accessed None 'ModifiedWeapon'
Warning: WeaponOfPower DM-BarPunkysSnipehunt2K4.WeaponOfPower (Function WOPMonsterPack_v180.RPGWeapon.MaxAmmo:0020) Accessed None 'ModifiedWeapon'
Warning: WeaponOfPower DM-BarPunkysSnipehunt2K4.WeaponOfPower (Function WOPMonsterPack_v180.RPGWeapon.NewDrawWeaponInfo:0006) Accessed None 'ModifiedWeapon'
Warning: WeaponOfPower DM-BarPunkysSnipehunt2K4.WeaponOfPower (Function WOPMonsterPack_v180.RPGWeapon.PutDown:000D) Accessed None 'ModifiedWeapon'
Warning: WeaponOfPower DM-BarPunkysSnipehunt2K4.WeaponOfPower (Function WOPMonsterPack_v180.RPGWeapon.PutDown:0020) Accessed None 'ModifiedWeapon'
Warning: WeaponOfPower DM-BarPunkysSnipehunt2K4.WeaponOfPower (Function WOPMonsterPack_v180.RPGWeapon.PutDown:005C) Accessed None 'ModifiedWeapon'
Log: WeaponOfPower ClientState was WRONG! (0)
Warning: RPGStatsInv DM-BarPunkysSnipehunt2K4.RPGStatsInv (Function WOPMonsterPack_v180.RPGStatsInv.AdjustFireRate:01D3) Accessed None 'FireMode'
Warning: RPGStatsInv DM-BarPunkysSnipehunt2K4.RPGStatsInv (Function WOPMonsterPack_v180.RPGStatsInv.AdjustFireRate:01EB) Accessed None 'FireMode'
Warning: RPGStatsInv DM-BarPunkysSnipehunt2K4.RPGStatsInv (Function WOPMonsterPack_v180.RPGStatsInv.AdjustFireRate:0204) Accessed None 'FireMode'
Warning: AbilityFastWeaponSwitch None (Function WOPMonsterPack_v180.AbilityFastWeaponSwitch.ModifyWeapon:0065) Accessed None 'ModifiedWeapon'
Warning: AbilityFastWeaponSwitch None (Function WOPMonsterPack_v180.AbilityFastWeaponSwitch.ModifyWeapon:006D) Attempt to assign variable through None
Warning: AbilityFastWeaponSwitch None (Function WOPMonsterPack_v180.AbilityFastWeaponSwitch.ModifyWeapon:007D) Accessed None 'ModifiedWeapon'

5.)
also in this map i got many of this, no warnings, just new for me:

ScriptLog: Other is a: DM-BarPunkysSnipehunt2K4.MetalSlith
ScriptLog: Pawn(Other) is a: DM-BarPunkysSnipehunt2K4.MetalSlith
ScriptLog: Slith Bio destroyed!
Log: AttachToBone: No bone named [tip2] found in actor mp40xbaseAttachment's skeleton.
this with bio destroyed i guess its same like the warnings/info about monsters, which fires rockets..

6.)
these messages appear mostly when entering the server, or sometimes when switching to another class:

Warning: AbilitySpecialForces None (Function WOPMonsterPack_v180.RPGAbility.GiveRandomWeapon:0029) Accessed None 'Game'
Warning: AbilitySpecialForces None (Function WOPMonsterPack_v180.RPGAbility.GiveRandomWeapon:0082) Accessed None 'RPGMut'
Warning: AbilityMedicII None (Function EnhancedWeaponsOfPower_v180.AbilityMedicII.GiveRandomWeapon:0029) Accessed None 'Game'
Warning: AbilityMedicII None (Function EnhancedWeaponsOfPower_v180.AbilityMedicII.GiveRandomWeapon:0082) Accessed None 'RPGMut'
Warning: AbilityMedicII None (Function EnhancedWeaponsOfPower_v180.AbilityMedicII.GiveRandomWeapon:015E) Accessed None 'MagicWeapon'
Warning: AbilityMedicII None (Function EnhancedWeaponsOfPower_v180.AbilityMedicII.GiveRandomWeapon:016E) Accessed None 'MagicWeapon'

7.)
had the all-weapons-from-crate-lost-bug again when i tossed its useless benelli. strange thing is,
all regular from weapon-spawns picked weapons i still had after that.
crap thing was, my pu-inventory was screwed after that, every time scrolling left over the revive-heart,
the pus left from it showed different names, like 7-8 pus which arent shown in inventory. when
scrolling to the right all were shown correct but the "invisible wrong" pus were not shown now.

i could load these "wrong" pus into a wop, but with its correct ability and correct name shown
in weapon-info. after i loaded all these "wrong" pus into the wep, the pu-inventory worked correct,
left/right scrolling ok. when i unloaded the wop with "these" pus the inventory again showed wrong
pus(names)....

ok, thats it for today....

ats

BaronVonRotterdam
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by BaronVonRotterdam » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:18 am

keep em comin 8-)
| ASRock Fatal1ty X470 | AMD Ryzen 3700x @Stock | 32GB DDR4 3200 mHz | Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 Super | Dell S2417DG |

Mr_N_Pants
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Mr_N_Pants » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:09 pm

NM, I have 2 copies of UT, was running the wrong one.

Return to “Patch 180 Beta Tester Discussion Forum”