wop-babes, canttouchthis, torlame, skins. rant:suicide

This is the Patch 180 Discussion Forum
Amy Infless
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

wop-babes, canttouchthis, torlame, skins. rant:suicide

Post by Amy Infless » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:34 pm

hi again.

sorry i have to rant a bit about 179, hoping some of my suggestions/opinions will be used or fixed
in 180 or future patches.

i dont know if the 180-patch we can test at the moment is close to final or if many settings are still
disabled and only need to be activated to surprise us, so if many of my thinkings are implemented
without me knowing about it, its ok. if not and you think some could be done, dont do it know ;-)
just post it somewere where you cant lose it :-)

ok.

1. "wop-babes"... still thinking its not really "fair" against womans. so, where are my "wop-dales"
(chippendales or w/e) (dance)

2. "cant touch this" ... anyone else who "cant hear it anymore" ? anything different planned like
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMqjAaZNxKc ???

3. "torlame" ... still a inv-ons-map as default needed? or can you create a kill-everyone-map, like a
looong tube, everyone is falling down 1 minute into deadly spikes, i think after one minute mapvote
is possible for everyone :-)

4. aw, where is the skin-discussion topic? i remember joey approved 2 mentioned official ut2k4
custom skinpacks to be "ok", including my gothgirl skin, for example, looks like they arent "ok",
or will this be changed later?

5. ok... sorry, now the big rant about suicide

do you remember oldschool classic wargames?
now what has this to do with patch180 or suicides.. well, many.

simple. after i got now a more wargames-based feeling in patch 180, i remembered some "features"
in old classic "shooters" like P.O.W. (prisoners of war) on commodore amiga and some
others. mmh well, not only classic, it still exists in "newer" ones like far cry, too: the difficulty
settings, or maybe in other words: "handycap"-settings.

when i started to play here, there was no gold ability. only every now and then a gold wrench dropped.
(and M3RC kept it like a crate full with gold...)
retention was removed after beeing killed once, so you had to find another very fast.
that time i learned to play with lownumbered weapons.

today noone wants to play with lownumbered weapons (wops or damaged wops with just a hand full
pu-slots). many highlevlers teach the lowlevels, the higher the better, and didnt announce "good"
weapons from crate, just because it sucks cause its only a reg+3wop, +5 or a +7nonwop and are
disaponted not to get a max. ext 10+.
to say truth, this piss me off, the best thing i have ever read here was zombie somewhere telling someone
to learn to play with weapons like that. thats so true. many weapons from crate are even lownumbered more
powerfull than many full loaded regular ext+10-weapons.
so what have we today? whining 300+ levlers who suicide 5-10 times per map or more often (you all know who!)
just to phish for a stupid dumb flak or rl. i would like to say, just deactivate all other weapons, lets play with rl or flak only.
is noone able to play with other weapons anymore? if, then only with wands, aks, shottys, and all minimum a +8ext?

and the problem like i said, is still suicide, suicide, suicide.

there are 3 types of admins here:

1. the admins who really kick players after max. suicide = 2
2. the admins who dont care about and also suicide much
3. those who play not much and dont even know about the news and only say: not sure whats right and do nothing

im also pissed off from endless discussions with players who suicide nearly every wave just to phish or to get
purples. that needs an end. it doesnt matter if "suicide is a part of unreal tournament, so noone, even admins
cant forbid me doing it!" - HELLO??? i thought we have some rules? i think these rules need to be renewed fast!

not sure if someone in the older 180-topics ever suggested something like a suicide- and/or dis/reconnect-counter,
if suicide and/or dis/reconnect causes really that much problems like joey said long time ago then you should do
something against that. if its possible i would suggest a first-time-start-window where you have to click "i agree" for
every rule, and "you" (the players) also agree with that, that a penalty-counter runs which autokicks you for the rest
of the map after suiciding/dis/reconnecting more than x times. maybe also a penalty counter for those who do that generally 1 time per map...
like, those who generally dis/reconect at start of map 1, map 2 and map3 one time, just to get rid of slowfoot mp5
or try to phish for a better one, cant play the 4. map...

back to the classic war games. just my wish, these handycap settings would be fine here too. why should a high leveld
scorewh##e allways get wand, only because he/she found crate/crow? to get more points? more kills? they only should be able to keep these weps, but nut beeing able to use it (except loading pus to play good teamworker and toss it to lower levlers).

sure, the veterans should be "tanks", but they also should show real skill and the higher they level, the less
numbers of slots they can use for the pus. like i said, handycap. advanced difficulty settings. i mean, in
these old classic wargames you can try to play "hardest", "veteran" or "general", most time you will be
killed after 1-2hits, and all you have is 10 bullets for 12 enemies or something like that, you have to THINK
and try different strategies/things, not allways run and gun..then i also could go play serious sam all
night that way....

why not use something like that here? or accuracy-bonus instead, those who use singlefire to kill monsters
get more exps than those who didnt know that the mousefirebutton can also be releaed...

i really would like to see the faces of these ultrahighscorers, when they only could use 5 slots for their most fav. weps.

1 retention or heal
1 inf/resup (no full ammo-handycap or overheating wep)
1 prot5 or a good strong weaponbased pu like flakblast
1 vorp
1 iron

in fact i like the 180-wops atm, a wop+20 with 20 slots, a goldable weapon +4 with only 4 slots, that changes many
things and improves joeys wish to become a "hard to play" server... (i still hope you didnt change your mind about that!)

oooohh, btw hard to play, pleeeeaaassseeeee enable wand-elite (h)

ok, enough. greetings, i go sleep. gn8

ats
Do not try kill THIS bug !!! ->Image Your monitor may not like it...

Those who correct my English will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

BaronVonRotterdam
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Re: wop-babes, canttouchthis, torlame, skins. rant:suicide

Post by BaronVonRotterdam » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:05 am

Thank you for the bug post and the concerns I will forward them to joeyz.
| ASRock Fatal1ty X470 | AMD Ryzen 3700x @Stock | 32GB DDR4 3200 mHz | Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 Super | Dell S2417DG |

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:37 pm

1. "wop-babes"... still thinking its not really "fair" against womans. so, where are my "wop-dales"
(chippendales or w/e) (dance)
Not being rude here, but Joey likes them and they're staying. He doesn't like the idea of "wop-dudes" so you'll just have to deal with it.
2. "cant touch this" ... anyone else who "cant hear it anymore" ? anything different planned like
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMqjAaZNxKc ???
As of now you're the only person that has come forward about not being able to hear the song. I suggest deleting Zound53.u from your /ut2004/systems folder and redownloading it by joining the non development server.
3. "torlame" ... still a inv-ons-map as default needed? or can you create a kill-everyone-map, like a
looong tube, everyone is falling down 1 minute into deadly spikes, i think after one minute mapvote
is possible for everyone :-)
Torlan is no longer the default map. The server needs to be restarted for the change to take effect, and Joey figures he won't reset it manually and just wait for a crash.
4. aw, where is the skin-discussion topic? i remember joey approved 2 mentioned official ut2k4
custom skinpacks to be "ok", including my gothgirl skin, for example, looks like they arent "ok",
or will this be changed later?
As far as I can remember we haven't started work on the official "Monster Madness" skin pack.
so what have we today? whining 300+ levlers who suicide 5-10 times per map or more often (you all know who!)
just to phish for a stupid dumb flak or rl. i would like to say, just deactivate all other weapons, lets play with rl or flak only.
Report them (suiciders / reconnectors) via pm to myself or paintball (baronvonwhatever). This has been against the rules for a number of years now, and they're only getting away with it because we (admins) have been slacking in our coverage of the UT server.

Max suicides per level was set to 3 by myself. Joey said "excessive" and I defined "excessive" which he has no problems with.

Reconnecting is also against the rules.
If you lost your cd and have the old drive and have not reinstalled UT2004 or reformatted the drive, you can find your old cd key in the registry here ...

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technologies\Installed Apps\UT2004

Amy Infless
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by Amy Infless » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:43 pm

aw... no dudes :-) well i didnt wanted the babes be replaced with dudes, just skinbased if someone
uses female skin and wins got dudes, male skin-user-winners got babes. finally its joeys decision,
and yes, i can deal with it :lmg:

cant touch this: missunderstanding, i meant it the same way liek with torlame, we had it
to long and im not the only one who "dont like it anymore" = "i cant hear it anmore" or to say it
in other way: if i hear it any longer im sure i got earcancer cause of it :-)

skins: dont know if i got that wrong now, i didnt mean a MM-skinpack, i meant the
two official ut2k4 skinpacks, which were availabe long time ago and hardly to
find in the net. anyways, would be nice if theres really something like a MM-player-
skinpack in the future.
ah, finally found it:
http://www.gamingmadness.org/forum/view ... 0&start=56

suicides now 3 times? and i thought thats "excessive"...i remembered 2 max. and kick...
think i must deal with suicidenoobs then too :-(

btw, just about some weapons with low number of the slots, if thats fixed, will the
slots be high like now with 30 slots on a golded 10 ext weapon? or is that changed
to a lower ammount?

ats
Do not try kill THIS bug !!! ->Image Your monitor may not like it...

Those who correct my English will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

KNC
Private
Private

Post by KNC » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:18 am

Yes a MM-Skin Pack would be quite awesome, it would simply be a lot more interesting to have a big array of skins to choose from and have other players see them, as well as obviously being able to more easily recognize people by their skin.

What I originally meant to say, just a temporary fix, but couldn't you then delete the Zound53.u with the track and replace it with another track or silence with the same name?

Return to “Patch 180 Beta Tester Discussion Forum”