More Ideas

This is the Patch 180 Discussion Forum
KNC
Private
Private

More Ideas

Post by KNC » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:23 pm

Amy posted all bugs I found recently already as I saw so I have only my ideas to post here.

Engineer: Well the Sentrys (Sentinels) are an awesome idea but they need lots of tweaking to be an useful and balanced addition to the game.
Power: Well it would be unbalanced if Sentinels would be able to do damage similar to an player, but they should be able to do at least noticable damage or fill in other support roles, also some of the upgrades (like blasterCannon) aren't really doing anymore damage then their precessors. Some of the names could be fixed as well.
Defense: Well a Sentinel is worthless if it will go down with just 1 or 2 strong shots even though fully upgraded. Maybe accept some PUs as construction ingredient.
Other: Moving the Sentinel (like in TF2) would be even nearly required to make it useful, to be only able to place and upgrade it in the actual spot is pretty darn making sentinels useless because you'll have to build them somewhere close to monsters, then if you do that you will likely get kicked around without sturdy so you can't upgrade it. And if you can upgrade it (player support, sturdy or whatever) a higher level wave will just scrap it in seconds anyway making it only useful for defense or healing in small concealed locations.

Sniper: Having a Sniper is good idea but to be of real worth to the team the damage of the Rifle would have to be some 100x stronger than it is right now, also on the other other hand reduce Fire Rate. Actually just more like the sniper enemy that is in the game right now. :sniper:

Squad Leader: I got the idea according to the voice samples used with the Vehicle/Supply/Artillery Radio. The Squad Leader could specifically call in these things without items, maybe can call in more Vehicles than just the Manta, as well as turrets, walls and bunkers.

Commander: I can imagine the commander primarily with one strong primary weapon and a bunch of possible buffs for all surrounding players, like temporarily higher damage (reduction), speed and firing speed.

May write more ideas about classes later when I have tested the other classes.

Flare Launcher: As opposed to the upgrade the actual weapon has a second fire mode which is actually quite useful in some situations, if just it had autofire.

Mini-rocket Launcher: Again the secondary mode, the wide spread could be useful if it wouldn't reduce the amount of fired missiles so heavily, make it like 2 or 3 times faster to make it at least somewhat reasonable to use. :rocket:

Shock Rifle: The shock rifle could be pretty useful but it somewhow always lacks in power compared with other weapons, especially because it's sometimes hard to use the combo in wild situations, and if you do the damage still isn't exactly big. How about changing the existing PUs or making new ones. What I could imagine:
Inferno Blast Beam: Pretty much similar to the Blast Cannon of the Sentinel, would save you the work of trying to make an combo. And given the Sentinel already has this finished it shouln't be too hard to make an PU out of it.
Inferno Shock: Could be the shock-core for the already existing Inferno Beam, pretty much like a normal Shock combo but stronger, maybe a little Reedemer-like. :shockrifle:
Mayhem: I saw in the mayhem-weapon upgrades shock rifles with ricochet of both beams and cores, allowing for combos around edges.

Link-gun: The spread only goes to 3 on this server which is of course a lot better than the single shot, but still not as useful, I saw the same PU on other servers going up to 7 shots though with multiple PUs equiped, integrating that into the Link would make the primary mode a but more useful.
The secondary mode could use some upgrades as well but I have no ideas for that. :linkgun:

Lightning gun: Also in the mayhem-wepons I saw an Lightning gun with ricochet fire and a slight spread, something like that would make the lightning gun finally useful for player use again.

Archangel
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: More Ideas

Post by Archangel » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:04 pm

I agree with KNC on all of the items. But, if a player is to have a chance in the first few rounds and he has maxed all of his/hers abilities, the should be able to take a few hits without dieing, especially if that player has a weapon with all the shields.

Mobster
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by Mobster » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:29 pm

Great to see someones come up with ideas for classes. I like them.

Everything on the development server was thrown on for testing purposes, with minor tweaking if any at all. (I.E. Monsters, Weapons, ETC)
So some of the things you see are subject to change and/or tweaking, and is not the final product.
Mob
Monster Madness RPG WoP Invasion Server Administrator - UT 2004
Map Editor - UT 2004

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:03 pm

This is what I want the classes to be like;

Engineer

Minimum player level 20, skill level 1 spawn for self link a gun with inf ammo, iron sturdy, and damage 5 properties. Cost 20 points. Uses 40 adernaline. Link gun can heal team shields, defense walls, glass shields, and bunkers. Can not be wop'd or tossed. Will be lost if you're not holding it unless you have denial level 2. You can chose to not spawn the weapon for yourself if you want to use a wop'd one instead.

Minimum player level 50, skill level 2 is able to spawn a team shield. Cost 30 points. Uses 60 adrenaline.

Minimum player level 75, skill level 3 is able to spawn a defense wall. Cost 50 points. Uses 100 adrenaline.

Minimum player level 100, skill level 4 is able to spawn a glass wall. Cost 75 points. Uses 150 adrenaline.

Minimum player level 150, skill level 5 is able to spawn a bunker. Cost 100 points. Uses 200 adrenaline.

Minimum player level 225, skill level 6 reduces adrenaline cost by half. Cost 150 points.

Medic (current system of exp for healing players remains in tact)

Minimum player level 20, skill level 1 can spawn for self a medic flack cannon with inf ammo, iron sturdy, and damage 5 properties. Cost 20 points. Uses 40 adrenaline. Mini gun can heal team mates, can not be wop'd or tossed. Will be lost if you're not holding it unless you have denial level 2. You can chose to not spawn the weapon for yourself if you want to use a wop'd one instead.

Minimum player level 50, skill level 2 is able to spawn mini healths (5 health). Cost 30 points. Uses 60 adrenaline.

Minimum player level 75, skill level 3 is able to spawn health packs (25 health). Cost 50 points. Uses 100 adrenaline.

Minimum player level 100, skill level 4 is able to spawn health kegs (100 health). Cost 75 points. Uses 150 adrenaline.

Minimum player level 150, skill level 5 is able to spawn super kegs (full health). Cost 100 points. USes 200 adrenaline.

Minimum player level 225, skill level 6 reduces adrenaline cost by half. Cost 150 points.

Weapons Master

Minimum player level 20, skill level 1 can spawn for self a mini gun with inf ammo, iron sturdy, and damage 5 properties. Cost 20 points. Uses 40 adrenaline. Can not be wop'd or tossed. Will be lost if you're not holding it unless you have denial level 2. You can chose to not spawn the weapon for yourself if you want to use a wop'd one instead.

Minimum player level 50, skill level 2 is able to buy all basic weapons . Cost 30 points. Uses 60 adrenaline. Can be tossed and wop'd.

Minimum player level 75, skill level 3 is able buy all basic magic weapons of random magic from -3 to +3 (IE can get a piercing minigun -2, or a rocket launcher of force +5). Can be tossed and wop'd. Cost 50 points. Uses 100 adrenaline.

Minimum player level 100, skill level 4 is able to buy all basic magic weapons of random magic from 0 to +5. Can be tossed and wop'd. Cost 75 points. Uses 150 adrenaline.

Minimum player level 150, skill level 5 is able to buy all basic weapons of random magic from +5 to +10. Can be tossed and wop'd. Cost 100 points. USes 200 adrenaline.

Adrenaline Master

Minimum player level 20, skill level 1 can spawn for self a flack cannon with inf ammo, iron sturdy, and damage 5 properties. Cost 20 points. Uses 40 adernaline. Can not be wop'd or tossed. Will be lost if you're not holding it unless you have denial level 2. You can chose to not spawn the weapon for yourself if you want to use a wop'd one instead.

Minimum player level 50, skill level 2 is able to spawn mini adrenaline pills (25 adrenaline). Cost 30 points. Uses 60 adrenaline.

Minimum player level 75, skill level 3 is able to spawn adrenaline pills (50 adrenaline). Cost 50 points. Uses 100 adrenaline.

Minimum player level 100, skill level 4 is able to spawn mighty adrenaline pills (100 adrenaline). Cost 75 points. Uses 150 adrenaline.

Minimum player level 150, skill level 5 is able to spawn super adrenaline (Full adrenaline). Cost 100 points. Uses 200 adrenaline.

Master of none

Minimum player level 20, skill level 1 can spawn for self a mini gun with inf ammo, iron sturdy, and damage 5 properties. Cost 20 points. Uses 40 adrenaline. Can not be wop'd or tossed. Will be lost if you're not holding it unless you have denial level 2. You can chose to not spawn the weapon for yourself if you want to use a wop'd one instead.

Minimum player level 50, skill level 2 can spawn regular adrenaline pills (10 adrenaline). Cost 50 points. Uses 100 adrenaline.

Minimum player level 75, skill level 3 can spawn health pills (10 health). Cost 65 points. Uses 130 adrenaline.

Minimum player level 100, skill level 4 can spawn glass wall. Cost 100 points. Uses 200 adrenaline.

Minimum player level 150, skill level 5 reduces adrenaline cost by half. Cost 200 points.
If you lost your cd and have the old drive and have not reinstalled UT2004 or reformatted the drive, you can find your old cd key in the registry here ...

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technologies\Installed Apps\UT2004

Amy Infless
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by Amy Infless » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:28 pm

i like these ideas, but how do they match with the other classes which are in 180 at the moment?
or do you want replace them?

as for medic,
Minimum player level 50, skill level 2 is able to spawn mini healths (5 health).
Cost 30 points. Uses 60 adrenaline.
what do you mean, these 5-point-healthvials? 60adren for one healthvial? a bit much, so with
full adren (200) i can spawn "15 health", not really much, i would tend to to 10-25 for one
healthvial, and maybe with selection, if you want spawn every single healthvial or if you want
spawn automatic till adren is empty, like this:
helathvials.jpg
and to fill the gap between 150 and 225 i would say 175 can spawn a second revive-heart and
lvl 200 a third revive-heart.. (maybe not adrenalinbased, maybe more based on how much exps
you got from healing, like, if you managed to heal players and got 1k exp from it you get the
second revive-heart, and if level 200 you need 2000 healing exp per map to get the third heart,
just to make it not that easy...)
but i think that now tends to be easy gaming then, depending on how many players really
want to play as medic...

weapon master
do i get that right we have to get the "good" weapons from weaponmaster or can we still get
weapons from the regular spawnpoints? in first case this would be not really funny if no
weaponmaster is playing...

ats
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Do not try kill THIS bug !!! ->Image Your monitor may not like it...

Those who correct my English will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

BaronVonRotterdam
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by BaronVonRotterdam » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:26 pm

Wow zombie those are some sweet ideas!!! The only thing is the XM8 will be staying as the medic weapon, and getting more awesome ;)
| ASRock Fatal1ty X470 | AMD Ryzen 3700x @Stock | 32GB DDR4 3200 mHz | Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 Super | Dell S2417DG |

Archangel
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Archangel » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:51 pm

ZombieSlayer wrote:This is what I want the classes to be like;

Engineer

Minimum player level 20, skill level 1 spawn for self link a gun with inf ammo, iron sturdy, and damage 5 properties. Cost 20 points. Uses 40 adernaline. Link gun can heal team shields, defense walls, glass shields, and bunkers. Can not be wop'd or tossed. Will be lost if you're not holding it unless you have denial level 2. You can chose to not spawn the weapon for yourself if you want to use a wop'd one instead.

Minimum player level 50, skill level 2 is able to spawn a team shield. Cost 30 points. Uses 60 adrenaline.

Minimum player level 75, skill level 3 is able to spawn a defense wall. Cost 50 points. Uses 100 adrenaline.

Minimum player level 100, skill level 4 is able to spawn a glass wall. Cost 75 points. Uses 150 adrenaline.

Minimum player level 150, skill level 5 is able to spawn a bunker. Cost 100 points. Uses 200 adrenaline.

Medic (current system of exp for healing players remains in tact)

Minimum player level 20, skill level 1 can spawn for self a medic flack cannon with inf ammo, iron sturdy, and damage 5 properties. Cost 20 points. Uses 40 adrenaline. Mini gun can heal team mates, can not be wop'd or tossed. Will be lost if you're not holding it unless you have denial level 2. You can chose to not spawn the weapon for yourself if you want to use a wop'd one instead.

Minimum player level 50, skill level 2 is able to spawn mini healths (5 health). Cost 30 points. Uses 60 adrenaline.

Minimum player level 75, skill level 3 is able to spawn health packs (25 health). Cost 50 points. Uses 100 adrenaline.

Minimum player level 100, skill level 4 is able to spawn health kegs (100 health). Cost 75 points. Uses 150 adrenaline.

Minimum player level 150, skill level 5 is able to spawn super kegs (full health). Cost 100 points. USes 200 adrenaline.

Weapons Master

Minimum player level 50, skill level 2 is able to buy all basic weapons . Cost 30 points. Uses 60 adrenaline. Can be tossed and wop'd.

Minimum player level 75, skill level 3 is able buy all basic magic weapons of random magic from -3 to +3 (IE can get a piercing minigun -2, or a rocket launcher of force +5). Can be tossed and wop'd. Cost 50 points. Uses 100 adrenaline.

Minimum player level 100, skill level 4 is able to buy all basic magic weapons of random magic from 0 to +5. Can be tossed and wop'd. Cost 75 points. Uses 150 adrenaline.

Minimum player level 150, skill level 5 is able to buy all basic weapons of random magic from +5 to +10. Can be tossed and wop'd. Cost 100 points. USes 200 adrenaline.

Adrenaline Master

Minimum player level 20, skill level 1 can spawn for self a flack cannon with inf ammo, iron sturdy, and damage 5 properties. Cost 20 points. Uses 40 adernaline. Can not be wop'd or tossed. Will be lost if you're not holding it unless you have denial level 2. You can chose to not spawn the weapon for yourself if you want to use a wop'd one instead.

Minimum player level 50, skill level 2 is able to spawn mini adrenaline pills (25 adrenaline). Cost 30 points. Uses 60 adrenaline.

Minimum player level 75, skill level 3 is able to spawn adrenaline pills (50 adrenaline). Cost 50 points. Uses 100 adrenaline.

Minimum player level 100, skill level 4 is able to spawn mighty adrenaline pills (100 adrenaline). Cost 75 points. Uses 150 adrenaline.

Minimum player level 150, skill level 5 is able to spawn super adrenaline (Full adrenaline). Cost 100 points. Uses 200 adrenaline.

Master of none

Minimum player level 50, skill level 2 can spawn regular adrenaline pills (10 adrenaline). Cost 50 points. Uses 100 adrenaline.

Minimum player level 75, skill level 3 can spawn health pills (10 health). Cost 65 points. Uses 130 adrenaline.

Minimum player level 100, skill level 4 can spawn glass wall. Cost 100 points. Uses 200 adrenaline.

Minimum player level 150, skill level 5 reduces adrenaline cost by half. Cost 200 points.
What are you? a democrat?..........LMAO

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:45 pm

Arch ... ummm no .. and I don't get the point of your reply :D

Amy, the medic spawning mini pills is supposed to be limited in quantity. You can still use your medic flack (well xm8 now :D ) to heal.

You can get weapons form pickups on all maps, you don't need a weapons master in the game ;)
If you lost your cd and have the old drive and have not reinstalled UT2004 or reformatted the drive, you can find your old cd key in the registry here ...

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technologies\Installed Apps\UT2004

KNC
Private
Private

Post by KNC » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:29 pm

I just don't know about the Master (Weapon, Adrenaline, none) classes. They would have to be seperate from the other classes to work, and it would make balancing a bit hard. Basically some good ideas but I think they should be implenented a little differently.

One more idea:
Also I just stumbled across the death orb once more, in a random map (don't remember the name but I know War-Pit was one for sure). I think that one could be the weapon for the commander, either in a non-wop version with 1 or 2 shots per wave or in a wop version with harshly reduced fire rate (like being able to fire one once all 90 seconds, since no inf goes into superweapon that time couldn't be decreased except for the ingame fire rate improval [bringing it to an reasonable 45 seonds]).
Then again together with the buffs that might make the commander overpowered so maybe it would also fit some other class.
For those who don't know, the death orb is generelly a Redeemer + Grenade Launcher + A grain of Awesomeness. It fires one big sticky grenade with an reedemer explosion, which however deals the entire damage in an instant and not over time like the redeemer does.

Archangel
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by Archangel » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:22 pm

ZombieSlayer wrote:Arch ... ummm no .. and I don't get the point of your reply :D

Just a tax the rich joke.....

Return to “Patch 180 Beta Tester Discussion Forum”