"bossmonster(s)"

This is the Patch 180 Discussion Forum
Amy Infless
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

"bossmonster(s)"

Post by Amy Infless » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:32 am

i wonder why most newer players allways cry "its so hard to play here" but after 2-3 maps
whining about "why is there no bossmonster"??1!...

dunno how far 180 has grown yet and how many ideas come for real now, i just had
the idea at end of wave 10 and 20 spawning 1-2 of the telefragable elite-soldiers or w/e
bad-a$$ monster joey has now. and not the easy to kill ones with slow firing shotty or rocket,
i would prefer fast flare or mini-rl for wave 10, and redeemer, stronger laser, lilly or wand for wave 20.

i think esp. wand would be the right punishment for all those who only play with all shields only and need to give up
their fully loaded weapon and need to try to kill these monsters totally unshielded.
many players dont have luck to telefrag these monsters with the first try, so the damage the monsters weapon
do shouldnt be 1-hit-kill, or players again start to whine about that...
more like mini-rl and flare takes your heal down to 0 in 5 seconds, laser, deemer, wand every hit 33% damage so you could try 1 time, then need to run away and reload, or trying a 2. time and succeed or be killed cause heal is to low to run away now....

btw elite-soldiers, why were they completely deactivated now, too much errors or too much whiners?

ats
Do not try kill THIS bug !!! ->Image Your monitor may not like it...

Those who correct my English will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

Archangel
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: "bossmonster(s)"

Post by Archangel » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:20 am

Sounds good Amy, except for all the nukes in wav 20......Maybe have a "Boss" like in Doom or Wolfenstien.

slayerdrango
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by slayerdrango » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:58 am

:hawhaw: We Kinda do now its called Hitler with a (muscle) fricken wand :? If you don't have your Instagib undies on normally your toast unless you get a lucky shot in. oh and he bumps up all the other solders HP's too
When a game takes 45+ min to get to wave 20 to get popped in the head by a BOSS and lose. It gives you a kinda a WTF was that feeling.
And besides we have 20 wave here, most only go to 16 at most. :lmg:
But yes a surprise Different harder monster would be fun too :pbjtime: :wtf:
:sniper: :lmg:

joeyz
BF2 & UT2004 Server Founder

Post by joeyz » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:54 am

Get ready, because your worse nightmares are right around the corner and you will shit your pants in server patch 180 and may need 25 waves now. :) however, you will get new weapons and abilities to survive the game.

Whole new line of stuff coming at you that is going to change the game.

I am real close to be being done. I am just running things in test server and fixing minor bugs.
Since the government has shutdown, i have been working hard on game.

Hang in there, the new boss monsters are coming.

Best thing about it, total server packages is just under 200 megs and takes 5 min to load where as other servers are 500 to 1 gig downloads and take 20 to even 40 min to load.
Flak of Power +10 [Powerups: 3 Sturdy, 2 infs, 1 Healing, 1 Vorpal, 1 Lucky, 1 Poison 5x, 1 Protection 5x, 1 Retaliation x5, 1 Retention, 1 Super Force, 2 Speed 5x, 2 Damage 5x, 2 Energy 5x, 1 Penetrating, 1 Razorbomb]

Return to “Patch 180 Beta Tester Discussion Forum”