Bugs and stuff that just kinda sucks...

This is the Patch 180 Discussion Forum
Rumple
Private
Private

Bugs and stuff that just kinda sucks...

Post by Rumple » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:51 am

Just got done playing a few rounds in the test server.

So, what does this "mutate commander" thing do? If you ask me, from what I have seen, it does nothing. Pull it. Get rid of it.

The assault pistol is back.. What a piece of crap that thing is. Get rid of it.

The MP5...The MP5...It seems to have the same old bug... This time, it now occupies the slot of Mine Layer or Bio Rifle...AND the COMBAT SHOTGUN. This sucks immensely. Here's the deal. It's the original MP5 mutation...You can throw it to get it out of the way, BUT THEN YOU LOSE ALL WEAPONS...Screw that. Get rid of assault pistol, put the MP5 back where it belongs.

The swearing of the U.S. TROOPS that are shooting at us. I like that...But U.S. Troops...Really?

I see the dragons have made it to this server. lol...I like the dragons.

That's about it for now. so in a nutshell;
1) Get rid of that radio communication crap.
2) Get rid of Assault Pistol.
3) Insert NorK troops with squirting dill-does instead of our own guys.
4) Fix the "Drop MP5 and lose all weapons" crap...I would rather NOT be able to put a retention on it, than to have it make weps go bye-bye.
5) Also... For entire 3 hours or so...I did not see ONE Iron Sturdy...Do they still exist????

Rumplicious

Amy Infless
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Re: Bugs and stuff that just kinda sucks...

Post by Amy Infless » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:34 pm

RTFM...

never understand why players allways whine about stuff without reading BEFORE how it works...
sure there are no help-texts, except some very incomplete help-hints, (i think that would help too, to
describe easy basic stuff there..) but theres a forum where mostly all is written down.

as for "get rid of commander": NEVER!

ats
Do not try kill THIS bug !!! ->Image Your monitor may not like it...

Those who correct my English will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

Mobster
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by Mobster » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:34 am

Well here
Amy Infless wrote:RTFM...

never understand why players allways whine about stuff without reading BEFORE how it works...
sure there are no help-texts, except some very incomplete help-hints, (i think that would help too, to
describe easy basic stuff there..) but theres a forum where mostly all is written down.

as for "get rid of commander": NEVER!

ats

Well here is one of the many people that will be quite uniformed, and wrongly pissed off when this gets released shortly.

==========================================================================================================================================
Rumple wrote:Just got done playing a few rounds in the test server.

So, what does this "mutate commander" thing do? If you ask me, from what I have seen, it does nothing. Pull it. Get rid of it.
You didn't activate it when the voting was over, so therefore you will see NOTHING. It actually adds a whole new element to the game.
Click link below: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=4170
Rumple wrote:The assault pistol is back.. What a piece of crap that thing is. Get rid of it.
MP5 is currently bugged as default starting weapon in v179. So that is why it is in slot 3. It is too complicated to fix at this time.
Rumple wrote:The swearing of the U.S. TROOPS that are shooting at us. I like that...But U.S. Troops...Really?
The soldiers dont have any nationality they are just skins turned into monsters with the voices added.
This is a Battlefield 2/Military Integration patch.
Joey served in the Army, and is now working with the Department of Defense. If anything its like a memory of the past for him or something along those lines. Not to mention he absolutely adores those soldiers he put so much work into.
Rumple wrote:I see the dragons have made it to this server. lol...I like the dragons.
I am glad the development team managed to do "something right". After the countless hours of coding and finding errors.
Mob
Monster Madness RPG WoP Invasion Server Administrator - UT 2004
Map Editor - UT 2004

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:06 pm

Put the MP5 in a crappier slot like #2 (bio, mine layer, etc) instead of putting the buggy gun in slot 3 :D
If you lost your cd and have the old drive and have not reinstalled UT2004 or reformatted the drive, you can find your old cd key in the registry here ...

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technologies\Installed Apps\UT2004

Amy Infless
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by Amy Infless » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:26 pm

then you dont need to put it back into slot 2, cause the "crappler" weapons minelayer and bio are in slot 3 ;)

well, dunno if you mean crap because of losing mp5 or retentioned shieldguns.
same is now for chainsaw and assault rifle. if you mean bio and minelayer are crap because they are
power/worthless, well, i still like to play a lot with them...

anyways, buggy, crappy or not, best solution against that weaponloss from mp5, assault, chainsaw ,
shieldgun and benelli is still not to use them, at least not in later waves, when its hard to get new weapons...

ats
Do not try kill THIS bug !!! ->Image Your monitor may not like it...

Those who correct my English will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:24 pm

LoL yea I forgot what slot is what, it's been awhile :D Maybe it's time to beef up the Assault Rifles. I know how easy it is to increase their damage output ;) Beef em up and drop the mp5 altogether.
If you lost your cd and have the old drive and have not reinstalled UT2004 or reformatted the drive, you can find your old cd key in the registry here ...

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technologies\Installed Apps\UT2004

Return to “Patch 180 Beta Tester Discussion Forum”