Is 180 going to fix the self juggling exploit?

This is the Patch 180 Discussion Forum
ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Is 180 going to fix the self juggling exploit?

Post by ZombieSlayer » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:06 pm

I was wondering if this new patch will fix the self juggling exploit many of our members use. I'm talking about putting health and shield regens on a gun and then constantly dropping it and picking it up to "stack" the effect.
If you lost your cd and have the old drive and have not reinstalled UT2004 or reformatted the drive, you can find your old cd key in the registry here ...

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technologies\Installed Apps\UT2004

BaronVonRotterdam
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Re: Is 180 going to fix the self juggling exploit?

Post by BaronVonRotterdam » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:30 pm

I'm having trouble reproducing this buy in instant action. I know it exists because it's been reported by Amy and others before. But I applied a shield regenerator to my flak cannon and crouched, I received 5 shield per second. I then tossed my flak and pickup it back up and crouched and I still received 5 per second. Am I missing a step? This will be difficult to fix if I cannot do adequate testing in offline mode.
| ASRock Fatal1ty X470 | AMD Ryzen 3700x @Stock | 32GB DDR4 3200 mHz | Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 Super | Dell S2417DG |

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:38 pm

I don't know how to use the exploit as I don't use the regens :D I could name names so you could ask them how they do it, but let's see if anyone steps up first.
If you lost your cd and have the old drive and have not reinstalled UT2004 or reformatted the drive, you can find your old cd key in the registry here ...

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technologies\Installed Apps\UT2004

Amy Infless
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by Amy Infless » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:30 pm

it is fixed in 180, except for shieldgenerator.

when you crouch while you hold a wop with shield/healthgenerator, your heal and shield goes up
the normal way you know from 179.

if you switch the wop with "hg/sg" to a wep or wop with no "sg/hg" WHILE CROUCHING, the heal
and shield effect will continue. (179+180)

if you switch the wop with "hg/sg" WHILE "RUNNING" to another wep or wop with no "sg/hg", and crouch then,
only shield will continue to load. (180)

if you toss a wop with "sg/hg", and repick it ONCE, nothing happens. its like original 5heal/shield
in x (? never counted the seconds..) secs. (179+180)

if you toss and repick the wop with "sg/hg" like 20-50 times, the effect is stacked (only 179, fixed in 180)
the effect is you nearly dont die, cause if you have 1 healpthpoint left before beeing killed, and you start crouching,
it will fill up full 600 health in less than a half second!!! (179)

the only way to make that work faster again (not as fast as now in 179, but still much...) is if you find a
lot of "sg`s/hg`s", load them (max. 3 per wop) in more than 2 wops and toss/repick AND scroll/switch through
these wops WHILE CROUCHING, then its like full health in 3-4 seconds, still fast, but not fast enough against highpowered
monsters (well, compared to 179-monsters..)

ya and i really enjoyed it to "see" these dumb faces who tried more than 3 minutes toss and repick wops in 180
till they figured out that that "cheat" is not really helping them anymore :)

ats

ps: the superspeed-effect on another wop is still there, and this one doesnt count as "exploit"?
(invulnerable vs. highspeed to find and kill more monsters faster and steal more pu´s......)
Do not try kill THIS bug !!! ->Image Your monitor may not like it...

Those who correct my English will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

Return to “Patch 180 Beta Tester Discussion Forum”