DM-(CC)2ChickenPancakes

This is the place to post requests for new maps that you would like to play on the server.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

GoodkidCC
Private
Private

DM-(CC)2ChickenPancakes

Post by GoodkidCC » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:18 pm

Hello guys, I haven't been here in quite some time. "Snotshot" was my other ID on this forum, but I can't remember my login info for it. Anywho, I have another customized map for the invasion server that I think might be fun for it.

Map
http://www.mediafire.com/download/e9yyt ... ncakes.ut2

Texture package
http://www.mediafire.com/download/4pw82 ... Crypt2.utx

Mobster
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Re: DM-(CC)2ChickenPancakes

Post by Mobster » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:06 pm

Nice map man!

I was happy to see more than enough player starts, and that you path noded the map.
It isn't zoned but the map isn't that big so that shouldn't be any issue.

This could be nitpicking but 2 small things you could do to the map.
When in Unreal Ed press F6, a small window should pop up.
1.) Go to LevelInfo -> DefaultGameType -> and change it from LMS to: xGame.xDeathMatch
2.) Go to LevelSummary -> Put your player name down as author and give the map a title.

If you don't want to change it that's fine. Whenever I see Joey I could send the map along to him.

Still haven't found any Chicken or Pancakes yet...
Mob
Monster Madness RPG WoP Invasion Server Administrator - UT 2004
Map Editor - UT 2004

GoodkidCC
Private
Private

Post by GoodkidCC » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:25 pm

I recently reinstalled the game about a week ago, and I'm not sure why the default gametype is LMS. It's never been like that before.

Anywho, thanks for the compliment. It was originally a CTF map from UT99 that has a million different versions of it. It was easily my all-time favorite map ever, from any FPS game. I decided to port over the original version of it, but I added the "safe spots" in the middle arena and took out the smasher. The alcoves above each base had a switch that would make the middle ceiling come down and kill the flag carrier. It came down real slow, but it's annoying as hell.

I've never zoned any of my maps ever, but I've never learned about zoning so I have no idea what it does or what the benefits are.

I wish there were chicken and pancakes in the map too.

BaronVonRotterdam
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by BaronVonRotterdam » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:06 am

I'm talking to joey and sent him a link to your map. He said hes going to try to put it on later today.
| ASRock Fatal1ty X470 | AMD Ryzen 3700x @Stock | 32GB DDR4 3200 mHz | Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 Super | Dell S2417DG |

GoodkidCC
Private
Private

Post by GoodkidCC » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:43 pm

Sweet deal man!

Mobster
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by Mobster » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:27 am

He said he added it, however it hasn't shown up on the map list to add to the rotation.

Will ask him about it hopefully this coming weekend at the latest.
Mob
Map Editor - UT 2004

GoodkidCC
Private
Private

Post by GoodkidCC » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:25 pm

No rush at all. I've been busy as hell with work (12 hour days at least) and haven't really had much time to play UT. I played for a bit yesterday and didn't see it in the rotation, but it's no big deal. I'm sure Joeyz is busy too :)

Amy Infless
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by Amy Infless » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:05 am

rumple said last night that "the server is mapvoting itself", like all of a sudden in mid of a game it changes
to another map without votes beeing casted and without admin forcing mapchange. also there were
no white message like "admin forces mapswitch"...

as he said happend more than one time.. has that to do with "this" map(s) not visible in rotation list?

i recogniced 2 other new maps, the one from mobster and the new fixed aztek (which seem to work now,
at least till wave 13.. they voted other map... no more missing monsters outside map in the first 3-4 waves!),
how many new maps were really uploaded?

ats
Do not try kill THIS bug !!! ->Image Your monitor may not like it...

Those who correct my English will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

Mobster
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by Mobster » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:56 am

Joey most likely just put the map in the wrong folder in the server or something.
GoodkidCC wrote:No rush at all. I've been busy as hell with work (12 hour days at least) and haven't really had much time to play UT. I played for a bit yesterday and didn't see it in the rotation, but it's no big deal. I'm sure Joeyz is busy too :)
Yes, he is quite busy nowadays.
Amy Infless wrote:rumple said last night that "the server is mapvoting itself", like all of a sudden in mid of a game it changes
to another map without votes beeing casted and without admin forcing mapchange. also there were
no white message like "admin forces mapswitch"...

as he said happend more than one time.. has that to do with "this" map(s) not visible in rotation list?

i recogniced 2 other new maps, the one from mobster and the new fixed aztek (which seem to work now,
at least till wave 13.. they voted other map... no more missing monsters outside map in the first 3-4 waves!),
how many new maps were really uploaded?

ats
I've have been noticing someone screwing around in web admin.
Like changing the skins, and god only knows what else... However if someone changes the map thru web admin there will be no announcement, and it's being a jackass to the players.

With Aztec, some reason there were path nodes in the skybox, causing monsters to spawn there. PM what is wrong with the newer fixed Aztec then.

I had Joey add 3 maps, and he went to bed before I noticed GoodKidCC's map wasn't showing up.
Mob
Map Editor - UT 2004

GoodkidCC
Private
Private

Post by GoodkidCC » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:07 pm

I see that a variation of 2cp is on the server, but not the one I edited. Was there a problem with the one I edited?

Return to “Map Requests”