Server Offline and why?

Check here for server status and maintenance.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

joeyz
BF2 & UT2004 Server Founder

Server Offline and why?

Post by joeyz » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:36 pm

Because of the new release of BF3, 90% of the players flloded over to the new BF3 game servers and my server went dry. It was costing too much to run the server with hardly no players so i took it offline until everyone checks out the BF3 and come back to BF2. Once i see a high demand for the server, will bring it back in the future. No sense in paying for a server if no one is going to use it.

Joey
Flak of Power +10 [Powerups: 3 Sturdy, 2 infs, 1 Healing, 1 Vorpal, 1 Lucky, 1 Poison 5x, 1 Protection 5x, 1 Retaliation x5, 1 Retention, 1 Super Force, 2 Speed 5x, 2 Damage 5x, 2 Energy 5x, 1 Penetrating, 1 Razorbomb]

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: Server Offline and why?

Post by ZombieSlayer » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:39 pm

BF3 was a huge disappointment. I have only racked up like 2 hours of play time :(

You can find me in BF2 on the =E= Karkand Boobies & Beer server a couple of times a week :)
If you lost your cd and have the old drive and have not reinstalled UT2004 or reformatted the drive, you can find your old cd key in the registry here ...

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technologies\Installed Apps\UT2004

joeyz
BF2 & UT2004 Server Founder

Re: Server Offline and why?

Post by joeyz » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:29 am

Disappointment to me too. Just like epic games with UT3. Why in the world would you want to take away functionality, capabilities and strategies that were in BF2, like commander role. It appears to me that game companies are in some kind of rat race and focused on who can make the graphics more real as in human form. I dont want human real form. I play games to take a break from real life, its like a high to escape from reality. Sorta like a person does whom smoke weed or drink alcohol, etc.
Flak of Power +10 [Powerups: 3 Sturdy, 2 infs, 1 Healing, 1 Vorpal, 1 Lucky, 1 Poison 5x, 1 Protection 5x, 1 Retaliation x5, 1 Retention, 1 Super Force, 2 Speed 5x, 2 Damage 5x, 2 Energy 5x, 1 Penetrating, 1 Razorbomb]

Return to “BF2 Server News”