Hello! (From the Lightning_Llamas)

New here? Well welcome to the Forum! Come create a thread, introduce yourself, and read about your team mates from the server.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

lightningllamas

Hello! (From the Lightning_Llamas)

Post by lightningllamas » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:31 pm

Hi everyone,

We (the three of us llamas) want to clear up some confusion about our lightning_llama accounts.

While creating accounts, we learned that in BF2 font, an uppercase i looks identical to a lowercase L. So you can have several accounts that look the same while being technically spelled different. We eventually decided on lightning llamas.

So, to clear it up:

A. lightning llama (spelled as it looks)

B. iightning llama

C. lightning liama

We go back and forth between our three computers and each has all three llamas on it. We always forget which llama we play on, so there's a lot of "Disconnected by another login" as we often select the wrong account. :wtf: The names are very confusing for us as well.

We REALLY enjoy your madness server. We all find hackers VERY frustrating and you do a great job of keeping them out. Until we found out about the similarity between the i's and L's, we thought that identical names meant a hack, so we understand your concern.

Thanks for your time!

-|crazy|-stiffl0r
BF2 Server Admin
BF2 Server Admin

Re: Hello! (From the Lightning_Llamas)

Post by -|crazy|-stiffl0r » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:20 pm

Thanks for taking the time to come here. We were confused as well - thinking it wasn't possible to use an alias more than once at the same time. We (thinking it was only one alias) didn't know how this affects a player's stats and whether this was considered stats padding, which is why you got kicked a couple times.

The way you do it with the i and l to achieve similar looking aliases is perfectly fine, please carry on. I can't speak for the other admins, but you sure won't be bothered by me anymore. (happy)
Sorry for kicking you. (angel)

BaronVonRotterdam
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by BaronVonRotterdam » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:29 am

Thank you for the clarification. As stifflor said we were completely perplexed and we had our sights on your guys :sniper: . But I'm glad to see you guys aren't doing anything wrong so carry on and I am glad you enjoy our server.
| ASRock Fatal1ty X470 | AMD Ryzen 3700x @Stock | 32GB DDR4 3200 mHz | Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 Super | Dell S2417DG |

BaronVonRotterdam
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by BaronVonRotterdam » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:44 am

Oh yeah and out of curiosity......why pick llamas? Like why not "Lightning_SpermWhales" or "Lightning_ElectricEels"?
| ASRock Fatal1ty X470 | AMD Ryzen 3700x @Stock | 32GB DDR4 3200 mHz | Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 Super | Dell S2417DG |

-|crazy|-stiffl0r
BF2 Server Admin
BF2 Server Admin

Post by -|crazy|-stiffl0r » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:09 am

lmao SpermWhales...

You could only make two accounts with that though.
lol I'm gonna make me a PaintbalI account...

lightningllamas

Post by lightningllamas » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:35 pm

Sorry for the somewhat late response... We just got through a move from Des Moines IA, to Providence RI.

We chose lightning_llama because it had three L's in it, and that way you can have what looks like an all-lowercase name, with potentially three uppercase (i's) letters. We didn't want the name to be too loud, and therefore noticed too quickly... We wanted people to see one llama... then another... and... "Wait are there three llamas?!"

We just put words together until we arrived at something we liked... And liked it even more just for the way it sounds... the energy of lightning combined with the slow relaxed llama.. lol

As for lightning_spermwhales and/or lightning_electriceels... whales (as stifflor points out) has only two options, and eels? I guess someone will have to come along and make a group of them to offset all the lightning llamas... :wave:

Thanks again for providing such a great server... We didn't mind at all loging on to explain the llama situation.

We're looking forward to seeing a Bf3 Madness Server as well... although arn't quite sure how similar/different bf3 will be from bf2... and we're hoping the teamwork aspect of the game doesn't change. :bow:

Mobster
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by Mobster » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:59 pm

From what the developers are saying BF3 is staying with its BF2 roots.
Watch the videos we have in our BF3 section and see for your self.

You will indeed be seeing a Karkand Battlefield 3 server from Gaming Madness.
Mob
Monster Madness RPG WoP Invasion Server Administrator - UT 2004
Map Editor - UT 2004

Return to “Introduce Yourself”