Performance Issue Discovery and I am working it

Check here for server status and maintenance.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

joeyz
BF2 & UT2004 Server Founder

Performance Issue Discovery and I am working it

Post by joeyz » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:52 am

Hi guys, you havent seen me in a few days, I discovered a performance issue about the lag and will fix it.

Here is a whole article on my findings that I reported to epic...

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=572706

I am getting constant attacks on 3 forums from this guy wormbo and rud. From what someone told me, this guy wormbo claims to work for epic and tries to dominate every ut forum on the internet. He got jealous and tried to discredit my findings because i made a post about performance issue findings. I recieved dozens of private messages about him. From what I was told, he does not work for epic or is even a programmer. He is just a htm, php, mutator kiddie scripter who has been around since ut99.
Flak of Power +10 [Powerups: 3 Sturdy, 2 infs, 1 Healing, 1 Vorpal, 1 Lucky, 1 Poison 5x, 1 Protection 5x, 1 Retaliation x5, 1 Retention, 1 Super Force, 2 Speed 5x, 2 Damage 5x, 2 Energy 5x, 1 Penetrating, 1 Razorbomb]

BoneofMalkav
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by BoneofMalkav » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:34 am

Glad to hear you let epic know about what you found,and yea don't worry about wormbo.He knows only how to make mutators and their...ok
Like Helter Skelter,And son of Sam.
By the days end you'll know who I am.I spill your blood on the Hollywood Boulevard.I won't rest until your headless.

Dog Fashion Disco-Headless

Amy Infless
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by Amy Infless » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:13 pm

:-)

a 3370 patch will definetly not be available, cause there exist a more or less official 3371-patch especially (only?) for users of the logitech-g15-keyboard and its realy cool features :-)))

anyways, nice job.
as for the kiddiescriptor, well, some like him, some not, he helped out many servers, inlc. demoservers, with some "files" that save them from cheaters etc.
those who dontlike him are hardcore-dm-players, who hate the "lag" in his (and others) anticheatstuff, cause of recognicing every milisecond delay when trying to kill someone... so btw, "searching through many folders (incl. outside ut-folders)" is a anticheatproblem too, thats why it looks like it delays something cause some often look for "aimbot"-stuff (i dont name them now) in other directories.
well, maybe some say now the same like in the other forum: "how can you prove it?"
well, answer is a question: if all are no cheaters, and server is not cheatprotected, why do they start to hit "sh!t" and cry for "lag" when anticheat is installed (even without knowing its installed without their knowledge)?
so, anticheatprogrammer or "kiddiescriptors" should prove first their stuff doesnt affect anything....

hmm dunno if wormbo is an epic-"helper" or/and programmer, fact is he is named and recommended on many ut-sites, incl epic-sites. so, helper/programmer or not, epic knows his stuff.

other thing is, how do we know epic take care of some of your/our problems?

ats

Ortega
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Ortega » Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:51 pm

I will go with Joey but they can't figure away to develope UT3k1 as in ( UT 3001) there not going to fix the problem until they can get the 3001 finished. Why try to fix something that might already be fixed but the whole version isn't ready and wont be ready until our great great grankids can play. Its all starting to sound like Epic used a backhoe to dig this hole and are trying to climb out. My computer is almost done and I'm almost ready to just go buy a new game and not even worry about UT since I don't have the time to play multiply games like some people do.
Later all!

Scion
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Scion » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:39 pm

Just read what you put on there Joey and I can see how that can be a problem and a pain in the neck. Searching everything for a file and any possible extensions... it just seems ineffective.
Sometimes a crazy move is the best move.

joeyz
BF2 & UT2004 Server Founder

Post by joeyz » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:39 am

My intent was really not to do a patch just because joey says so lol. The intent here is to ensure that this issue is not in UT3 Unreal Tournament. Thats why I posted it. Also, I wanted to ensure that IF they did come out with another patch is to include a fix for this.
Flak of Power +10 [Powerups: 3 Sturdy, 2 infs, 1 Healing, 1 Vorpal, 1 Lucky, 1 Poison 5x, 1 Protection 5x, 1 Retaliation x5, 1 Retention, 1 Super Force, 2 Speed 5x, 2 Damage 5x, 2 Energy 5x, 1 Penetrating, 1 Razorbomb]

[iX]AnnaBeaver
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by [iX]AnnaBeaver » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:37 pm

Wormbo doesn't work for epic! He basically works for himself. He's part of the team that puts out AntiTCC and is a UTAN moderator. He doesn't like to be wrong..or upstaged, that's for sure. But you are definately correct, he doesn't work for epic. On what forums is he giving you probs on? Is it just the epic forum?

Yah..First off, "Flak", the epic admin should have stopped JRub after his first snotty post! That's poor admin'ing! Second, I don't recall seeing anywhere in your posts that you even hinted at the fact that Wormbo worked for epic, yet his statement is to the contrary :| Although Wormbo may be gifted in certain areas(what those are..I'll never know, because AntiTCC is a lag causer from hell!), but since he had nothing to do with development of UT, then he and JRub should keep their statements where they belong.

I will say though, Wormbo does portray himself as knowing more than he actually does :| I wouldn't put any stock in what either of them say! If you post again, and they reply, just talk right over them as if they had never even posted anything :wave:
AnnaBeavers Website: Pyxis Media (Under Construction)
UT2004 MM Invasion Server Aministrator

Vaptor
Programmer
Programmer

even worse possiblitys

Post by Vaptor » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:09 pm

after i think how hacks need to be started up its possible due to the fact
epic's load file code tries every extension in a defined order , a predictable order!

worst case Example loading texture "something.utx" :partyman:

ok lets look oo im a censored retard what was its name oo its something.DLL .... uh oh something.dll is a aimbot nice job epic you really are stoping cheaters lol...

it will load a file that has a extension that is diffrent but the name matches i wonder if this is why it crashes probly.

Return to “Server News”