Official Decision on Levels

Check here for server status and maintenance.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Archangel
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: Official Decision on Levels

Post by Archangel » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:20 pm

It's all relative, and the new players do just fine for the most part.

Amy Infless
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by Amy Infless » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:00 pm

i agree with you, arch, but i´m not sure if you mean 179 or 180 server.

anyways, deadi, you should have read the full story.
too hard if someone is high level? you are not even 300 yet on 179 server and you call it hard to play on 180? sigh....

monsters level is only one half of the problem. the other half is that the weapons stop to become more powerfull
when you reach....lvl 275 or so. after that monsters get stronger cause they are biased to YOUR level, but your weps stay
at low power.
the problem would be fixed if they manage to balance weaponpowers in a way so even a linkgun in the hands of a lvl 50 player would become a horrible powerfull weapon if players average is turning to high...

btw another real problem is the enabled monsters autoadjustment... i told so many times about it but its like noone
is believing that,,,(whats it doing...)

ats
Do not try kill THIS bug !!! ->Image Your monitor may not like it...

Those who correct my English will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

Deadi
Private
Private

Post by Deadi » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:52 am

Who said it was hard for me? ;/ This is monster level and player level. I don't need to be level 300 to know what to expect. As soon as Giblet jumps into the server we die at level 180. Without him in it, we are invincible. Not that I care, but I'm pretty sure if you guys get new players in they will care and not have to listen to anyone high tell them to sit in corners or hide ruining their fun because the higher level players want to get some exp or finish a map. Balance the monster level and you won't need to reset levels to make it playable for most.

That's what I'm talking about, monsters auto adjustment to the level of the highest player in the game. It's not the power of weapons that is the problem, it is the mobs hitting us too hard with maxed stats. If they didn't hit as hard we could all have some fun. It needs to be be balanced so Giblet can play with us and not all of us have to hide every map. Lower it a bit and we can run gun hide heal repeat.

BaronVonRotterdam
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by BaronVonRotterdam » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:52 pm

We see that there are a lot of people who are for and against a level reset. We don't want to make an "official" decision yet until we hear more feedback. Please vote for or against a level reset at: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4121
| ASRock Fatal1ty X470 | AMD Ryzen 3700x @Stock | 32GB DDR4 3200 mHz | Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 Super | Dell S2417DG |

Return to “Server News”