Server Patch Version 180

Check here for server status and maintenance.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

joeyz
BF2 & UT2004 Server Founder

Server Patch Version 180

Post by joeyz » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:01 pm

Long over due. Since i am rusty i have decided to eat the elephant one bite at time. Meaning, i am going to hurry up and push out the upgrades soon, like in the next week. If i dont have the Battlefield 2 ability roles complete (engineer, commander, medic, supply, etc) complete, i will just push what i have done so far and this way im not so over whelmed with improvements.

Here is what i have done so far on current 180 which include bug fixes from current 179 ver your playing with now and new capabilities in 180...

- UFO: tone down the volume.
- weapons crate: made the wand and shock rifle tossable.
- soldiers: turn down the volume (screaming and yelling).
- glass wall shiled: now deploys in the direction your facing.
- queens: now talk and taunt you.
- titans: now talk and taunt you.
- golem: now talk and taunt you.
- BF2 Rank System: rank icons works now above your head in game. Note: I will not be resetting your stats. After many years, i feel that my loyal players deserve the rank they earned. Example: RPG level is 220 = colonel, etc.
- new monsters: terminator. Theme wave with terminators armed with mini guns.
- new monsters: terrorist. Theme wave wave like russian and german soldiers.
- special ops soldiers: get ready for a new wave like foreign soldiers.
- new monster: blade. Determining what to arm with with.
- new monster: blade's wife, armed with little ladies. Theme wave like soldiers. Amy's request. Its going to be bloody.
- nukes: tone down the number of nukes.
- lucifer: gave him vortex resupply. Players reported that after the vortex, he does nothing but stand around.
- hitler: he has wand. When he appears with the german soldiers, it increases the army's morale and gives all soldiers double and triple damage. You kill hitler and it decreases the soldiers morale, normal strength.
- star wars storm troopers: replaced all weapons with shock rifle. Didnt make sense giving him convention weps.
- wand: toned down the amount of times you can spell W A N D. People tell me that you can do it too much and easy.
- valgary spider: she now talks and taunts you.
- predator: took him off wave 1. In case you didnt release, he is programmed to regen his health when he goes invisible, this is why he is so hard to kill.
- snow beast: is back and one mean mother.

Currently working on:
- RPG stats menu: it appears that the new zounds menu i installed makes the RPG bottom abilities interface blank out when zounds menu is used. Adding a function to "L" command that forces refresh. Note: this zound is a bug on every server. When using zounds, the rpg abilities menu comes back when you switch maps. You do not lose any stats, just the interface static menu goes blank. Right now, this bug is a little annoying but i feel its worth having for the cool sounds interface.
- dragons: they are there, just now adding them to waves.
- dinasours: they are there, just adding weapons to them, to fire variety of projectiles.
- display: adjust the text on screen so it does cluter over each over (example... x disarmed a deemer, z disarmed a nuke, etc). This adjustment makes it more readable.
- soldier sniper: fixing his movement to be stationary. Player say he swims across the floor like a snake LOL.
- more other tweaks and fixes.

Will keep you posted. Main purpose on v180 is to fix current bug in v179 and add new cool stuff.

joeyz

will keep you posted
Flak of Power +10 [Powerups: 3 Sturdy, 2 infs, 1 Healing, 1 Vorpal, 1 Lucky, 1 Poison 5x, 1 Protection 5x, 1 Retaliation x5, 1 Retention, 1 Super Force, 2 Speed 5x, 2 Damage 5x, 2 Energy 5x, 1 Penetrating, 1 Razorbomb]

Mobster
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Re: Server Patch Version 180

Post by Mobster » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:26 pm

Don't forget this: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2933
Mob
Monster Madness RPG WoP Invasion Server Administrator - UT 2004
Map Editor - UT 2004

Amy Infless
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by Amy Infless » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:13 pm

joeyz wrote:.....
1.) weapons crate: made the wand and shock rifle tossable.
2.) new monster: blade's wife, armed with little ladies.... Amy's request.
3.) star wars storm troopers: replaced all weapons with shock rifle. Didnt make sense giving him convention weps.
1.) uhm... you mean SuperShockRifle and AK are now tossable??
the wand and regular shock rifle were tossable...

2.) traitor :-)

3.) what about a "supertrooper" every now and then with a bit more powerfull
supershockrifle-like weapon?
btw, just an eyecandy-thing: can the colour of the weaponfire from the regular (blue) shockrifle be changed
into red colour? the red beams would fit more to the starwarstroopers i think, and im sure it would shock some
players when they think the troopers shoot with real supershockrifles .-)

ats
Do not try kill THIS bug !!! ->Image Your monitor may not like it...

Those who correct my English will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

joeyz
BF2 & UT2004 Server Founder

Post by joeyz » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:33 pm

LOL Amy

Okay mobster ;)

I forgot to mention that RANGER Soldiers and MARINE Soldiers are in 180 as well. if you liked the Russian and German soldier theme wavs, your gonna love the marine, ranger, and terrorist wavs.
Flak of Power +10 [Powerups: 3 Sturdy, 2 infs, 1 Healing, 1 Vorpal, 1 Lucky, 1 Poison 5x, 1 Protection 5x, 1 Retaliation x5, 1 Retention, 1 Super Force, 2 Speed 5x, 2 Damage 5x, 2 Energy 5x, 1 Penetrating, 1 Razorbomb]

Amy Infless
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by Amy Infless » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:20 am

i wanna know i wanna know i wanna know :-)

you tell that like terrorists were armed like hell juggling more grenades than you have ever
seen in one week playing on the server. or are they high explosive suicidebombers liek in serious sam,
overrunning and hunting you down????

just give me a good gun :-)

ats

Malah
Private
Private

Post by Malah » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:29 pm

joeyz wrote:- weapons crate: made the wand and shock rifle tossable.
I'd honestly rather see the wand removed from the crate. Really throws off the balance overall and dilutes the rest of the weapons by comparison.
joeyz wrote:- glass wall shiled: now deploys in the direction your facing.
THANK YOU. (I can place walls now! :o)

If you need any inspiration for monster variety, DeathWarrant has a number of interesting creatures that they've used - the Glass monster in particular would be an interesting replacement for the rather ineffective Lil' Lady skeletons.
That's sexual harassment.

BaronVonRotterdam
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by BaronVonRotterdam » Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:59 pm

Malah wrote:Image
joeyz wrote:- weapons crate: made the wand and shock rifle tossable.
I'd honestly rather see the wand removed from the crate. Really throws off the balance overall and dilutes the rest of the weapons by comparison.
joeyz wrote:- glass wall shiled: now deploys in the direction your facing.
THANK YOU. (I can place walls now! :o)

If you need any inspiration for monster variety, DeathWarrant has a number of interesting creatures that they've used - the Glass monster in particular would be an interesting replacement for the rather ineffective Lil' Lady skeletons.
Haha It's good to see such excitement! If all goes well it should be released in a week or so. Joey is just working on the last 2 or 3 issues.
| ASRock Fatal1ty X470 | AMD Ryzen 3700x @Stock | 32GB DDR4 3200 mHz | Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 Super | Dell S2417DG |

Amy Infless
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by Amy Infless » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:17 pm

Malah wrote:... ineffective Lil' Lady skeletons...
hmm.... just become level 300+ and play allone or as last player allive.
i dont like the "a monster unleashed lil lady on amythesquirrel"-deathmessage...
if you play with a lot hiding lowlevels and you are in the 100-250-levels i agree,
does not really do much damage...yet.

ats

Return to “Server News”