Need feedback on new MMRPG on development server

Check here for server status and maintenance.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

BaronVonRotterdam
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Need feedback on new MMRPG on development server

Post by BaronVonRotterdam » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:35 pm

Hi all,

There are 10 new RPG abilities coming to the server. They are currently on the development server which can be accessed via:

IP: 204.11.33.157
Port: 9090
Password: ut2015x

The abilities add four new classes, some useful tools, and some new ways to survive the monsters. What is on the dev server is currently being ironed out but its near its completion. Below is a list of all the new abilities. Please reply with any feedback you may have and any bugs you find. I currently am aware that:

GREEN = FIXED

The care package gives you powerups every wave you spawn after wave 10
The assassin invis artifact kills you when you turn it off
The engineer maze base spawns in the ground
The barricades are not turning colors to indicate their health
The classes are giving you a new copy of the special weapon each level you purchase (if more than one level is purchased in one shot)
The manhattan project is not awarding points for kills
The team bunker spawns in the ground
HEV and Health Stations spawn a little low
Prevent refund abuse

If you find any bugs (in the log as well) that I didn't list then please reply to this thread and let me know. Thanks for your help.

AbilityName="Assassin"
Description="Level 1: Special Weapon |Level 2: Special Weapon |Level 3: Invisibility Artifact |Level 4: Claymore Mines |Level 5: Double Damage Artifact"

AbilityName="Medic"
Description="Level 1: Medic Bags |Level 2: Special Weapon |Level 3: Health Station |Level 4: HEV Station |Level 5: Medic Tent"

AbilityName="Engineer"
Description="Level 1: Box |Level 2: Special Weapon |Level 3: Maze Base |Level 4: House |Level 5: Barricade Regeneration"

AbilityName="Support"
Description="Level 1: Ammo Bags |Level 2: Special Weapon |Level 3: Invulnerability Artifact |Level 4: Special Weapon |Level 5: Quad Damage Artifact"

AbilityName="One Man Army"
Description="Lets you spawn with all default UT2k4 weapons. Level 2 gives you super weapons. (Max Level: 2)"

AbilityName="Care Package"
Description="If you join the server after wave 10 you get some basic powerups to start you off. You must be level 50 to purchase this ability. (Max Level: 6)"

AbilityName="Miniature Black Hole"
Description="When you die you will become a mass of unstable energy resulting in the formation of a Miniature Black Hole. Level 2 & 3 of this ability causes you to become unstable energy in half the time, thus letting you form a Miniature Black Hole quicker. This ability will only trigger if you have killed atleast one enemy during your life. You must be atleast level 285 and you need to have a Damage Bonus stat of atleast 500 and a Max Ammo Bonus stat of atleast 200 to purchase this ability. You can't have Ultima, Ghost, Manhattan Project, and Miniature Black Hole at the same time.(Max Level: 3)"

AbilityName="Last Stand"
Description="When maxed out this ability gives you maximum health, shield, double damage, and spawns a massive explosion when you are about to die. This can only happen once per life and whatever adrenaline you have is used immediately. | Each level gives you everything from the levels before it. Levels 1-4 causes you to panic at less than 100 health. Level 1 gives full health, Level 2 gives full armor, and level 3 gives 60 seconds of double damage. Level 4 spawns the explosion with a 1 second delay. Level 5 has a half second delay and Level 6 has no delay. | You need to have a Health Bonus and Damage Reduction stat of at least 500 to purchase this ability. (Max Level: 6)"

AbilityName="Manhattan Project"
Description="Congratulations! You have selected to be the first human test subject for the HIUASP (Human-Internal-Unstable-Atom-Splitting-Project). When you die your atoms will split causing a chain reaction which will result in you detonating like a nuclear bomb. This ability will only trigger if you have killed at least one enemy during your life. You must be atleast level 300 and you need to have a Damage Reduction and Health Bonus stat of at least 500 to purchase this ability. You can't have Ultima, Ghost, Miniature Black Hole and Manhattan Project at the same time.(Max Level: 1)"

AbilityName="Telekinesis"
Description="When you are moving this ability lets you hurt enemies that you can see within a certain range as long as you keep max adrenaline. || Level 1 does 10 damage per second at a distance of 2 feet. Each level after gives you 10 more damage and 2 feet more range. || You need to be atleast level 175, and you need atleast 200 Adrenaline Bonus, 500 Damage Bonus, and 50 Damage Reduction to buy this ability. (Max Level: 10)"

AbilityName="Ultima II"
Description="This ability causes your body to release energy when you die. The energy will collect at a single point which will then cause a Redeemer-like nuclear explosion. Level 2 of this ability causes the energy to collect for the explosion in half the time. The ability will only trigger if you have killed at least one enemy during your life. You need to have a Damage Bonus stat of at least 250 to purchase this ability. Now with 10x the damage and double the range! (Max Level: 2)"
| ASRock Fatal1ty X470 | AMD Ryzen 3700x @Stock | 32GB DDR4 3200 mHz | Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 Super | Dell S2417DG |

Amy Infless
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Re: Need feedback on new MMRPG on development server

Post by Amy Infless » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:20 pm

had not much time yet, just played a handfull minutes yesterday,
yeah logfile had a lot errors in that time, but i was in a hurry and
accidently turned power off from my pc instead of shut down so it
was lost, but looks like you found them yourself ;)

hope i find time later, atm a bit to busy with unplanned privat things :/

but what i can tell so far, the ability-menu is a bit confusing, i dunno,
is it possible to sort these things a bit?

for example like: (not completed list, just a handfull)

----------------------------------------------
equipment:
blue wrench
purple wrench
silver wrench
gold wrench
platin wrench (ok just kidding ;) )
classes:
assassin
enineer
medic
support
-----------------------------------------------
health:
regeneration
field medic (medic weapon maker)
vampirism
ghost
resurect
bonus features:
care package
last stand
ultima2

etc, etc.
some things dont look for me beeing a class or an advanced feature,
also what feature can be used with other featuers, are all at once buyable
or is it like with classes, only one possible?

if i read all the infos, its like if i buy all, i cant die, but monsters will by
just looking at me, and in case i do die, all monsters will die too, so,
all i have to do is at least kill one monster to enable the features,
and then i can go rest and monster die from allone.

testing it as level 500 doesnt give me enough points to buy all (!) so i dont know
if its supposed to be all buyable.

like i said i was in a hurry and could be i missunderstood some things again, wouldnt be the
first time ;)

ats
Do not try kill THIS bug !!! ->Image Your monitor may not like it...

Those who correct my English will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

BaronVonRotterdam
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by BaronVonRotterdam » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:40 pm

I reorganized the rpg items a bit. I also fixed some bugs. I'm working on how many points you'll need now.
| ASRock Fatal1ty X470 | AMD Ryzen 3700x @Stock | 32GB DDR4 3200 mHz | Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 Super | Dell S2417DG |

Rumple
Private
Private

Post by Rumple » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:34 am

I deleted this because I was really pissed off when i wrote it.

Still pissed though. Will gather my (and others thoughts) and try to write a less scathing blurb.

primius

Post by primius » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:58 am

If you forgot to add the nra abibility or you removed it on purpose, please add it again (or remove obama), it just sucks if you get stolen your fully loaded wep in the middle of the game. More over it would be nice if you could add the medic weapon maker again.
A detailed description of the new abibilities would be nice too. (for example: Care Package: which PUs do you get with which level, and how much do the levels cost).

Thanks in adavance (drunk)

P.S.: If you add medic weapon maker again, perhabs you can unfix the possibility to medic translocator again. If you could gold trans (i heart that it was possible some time ago) it would be great too. Last but not least i recognized that you cannot summon wrenches anymore with the lucky PU, perhabs you can add this too (one wrench of each kind is too less for 20 waves, so you force the players to suicide to get a new one).

Oh and that server crash voting map is the biggest joke ever. It takes at least 30 s till you can vote for a map, and then as almost every time countdown already runs and you have at most 3 seconds to search for a decent map. Mostly you did not made it in time and some shitty map has been selected automatically. So you have to wait again for 30 s to vote for a decent map. Perhabs you can extend the time till map is choosen automatically at least to 60 s.

And the last improvement suggestion: it would be nice if there would be a longer break between waves. Perhabs 10 s more time to reload weapons or exchange PUs or jug weapons with other players. I know that you have done this perhabs on purpose so that the score whores can use their tripple damage for another wave in a row, but you should rather support the team idea, than players who only try to get the highest number of points. Perhabs a compromise would be, if you only extend the break between waves 1-18 and not between wave 18 - 20?

primius

Post by primius » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:00 pm

Server seems to be down, or is it runnin gon a new IP? :S

Return to “Server News”