Not sure if this is where it should go

This is the place to go if you need help creating a map.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

BoneofMalkav
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Not sure if this is where it should go

Post by BoneofMalkav » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:01 am

Figured I'd let those who don't know yet know that I'm making a map that Hopefully won't suck and become one with the server.My first map basicly but still putting all the effort needed to give it the polish and feel of a good map

No pics yet but the name of it is DM-[YPH]-SelfDestructiveTimeBombs (couldn't think of anything that would make it seem "cool")

and I also will leave one clue only to the idea of the Arena part.

Jack the Ripper you can find there along with some others that we all know and dispise

Happy Hunting,cainites :axe:

Edit: Wednesday

Build UT2004_Build_[2005-11-23_16.22]

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 3070 MHz with 1533MB RAM
Video: Radeon X1950 Pro (503)

General protection fault!

History: UTerrainPrimitive::Illuminate <- UEditorEngine::shadowIlluminateBsp <- UEditorEngine::Exec_Light <- UEditorEngine::Exec <- (LIGHT APPLY) <- UUnrealEdEngine::Exec <- WPageOptions::BuildLighting <- WPageOptions::OnBuildClick <- WEditorFrame::OnCommand <- WWindow::WndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- MessagePump <- MainLoop

Thats what I get for experimentation lol
Like Helter Skelter,And son of Sam.
By the days end you'll know who I am.I spill your blood on the Hollywood Boulevard.I won't rest until your headless.

Dog Fashion Disco-Headless

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:21 pm

If you want us to place your map on the rotation make sure you have the following.

#1 25 or more spawn points.

#2 Around 100 path nodes (bare minimum is 75).

Please refrain from placing pathnodes in small hallways as the larger mobs will spawn and be stuck. Instead use adren or mini health pickups as navigation points so the little and normal sized mobs can still navigate through them :)

#3 Please put all textures/meshes into the "mylevel" so there is only 1 file to download :)

BoneofMalkav
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by BoneofMalkav » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:12 am

ZombieSlayer wrote:If you want us to place your map on the rotation make sure you have the following.

#1 25 or more spawn points.

#2 Around 100 path nodes (bare minimum is 75).

Please refrain from placing pathnodes in small hallways as the larger mobs will spawn and be stuck. Instead use adren or mini health pickups as navigation points so the little and normal sized mobs can still navigate through them :)

#3 Please put all textures/meshes into the "mylevel" so there is only 1 file to download :)
I'll make sure I get all 3 of those important things in,right now though I need to get the layout finished on all the rooms (starting room,arenas,ect.)But I'll most definatly will have the requirements in the map (dispite the fact its gonna suck out loud)
Like Helter Skelter,And son of Sam.
By the days end you'll know who I am.I spill your blood on the Hollywood Boulevard.I won't rest until your headless.

Dog Fashion Disco-Headless

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:22 pm

Oh don't worry it couldn't be any worse than mine was :D I scrapped the entire thing...not because it ran like poop, but because it was very very bleh looking :(

Return to “Map Development”