Developing WOP Powerups with Mayhem Weapons

This is the place to go if you need help with creating your Mod/Mutator.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

KNC
Private
Private

Re: Mayhem weapons?

Post by KNC » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:27 pm

Well I have enough other things to do for now and don't have the nerves left to try out other things, I'll check back here to see if you found a solution. Thanks for the help so far

I just wonder, you've been encountering the same problem?

Edit: A well I just extracted the .uc classes with the wotgreal exporter. Now I'm missing but one single thing before I can work. How to make powerups. Taking a look into it now.

Edit2: Well now getting a rpg+WoP mutator running to test powerups would be important. But somehow powerups just pop up but there are no WoPs and I can't collect the PU's either. So until I get that problem finished I can't test the results of my work, which is bad

Edit3: Well if I have to make one more edit I'd rather make a double post. Updated my ava to one of the things I want to make a PU for, Shock Rifle as obvious. Also updated the thread title. Weapons I can come up with that need some sort of PU making them useful again would be Shock Rifle, Lightning Rifle, Bio Rifle and maybe Sniper Rifle? For Lightning and Shock I have already specific ideas to make useful powerups for them. For Bio I have an idea. I suppose no one cares about sniper anyway.

[iX]AnnaBeaver
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by [iX]AnnaBeaver » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:59 am

KNC wrote:Well I have enough other things to do for now and don't have the nerves left to try out other things, I'll check back here to see if you found a solution. Thanks for the help so far

I just wonder, you've been encountering the same problem?

Edit: A well I just extracted the .uc classes with the wotgreal exporter. Now I'm missing but one single thing before I can work. How to make powerups. Taking a look into it now.

Edit2: Well now getting a rpg+WoP mutator running to test powerups would be important. But somehow powerups just pop up but there are no WoPs and I can't collect the PU's either. So until I get that problem finished I can't test the results of my work, which is bad

Edit3: Well if I have to make one more edit I'd rather make a double post. Updated my ava to one of the things I want to make a PU for, Shock Rifle as obvious. Also updated the thread title. Weapons I can come up with that need some sort of PU making them useful again would be Shock Rifle, Lightning Rifle, Bio Rifle and maybe Sniper Rifle? For Lightning and Shock I have already specific ideas to make useful powerups for them. For Bio I have an idea. I suppose no one cares about sniper anyway.

PU's that randomly appear but are unable to be pick up is exactly how the generic version of WoP mod worked when I ran it. I ran that version on my server at one time and PU's randomly appear rather than being dropped from killed monsters. So, there's obviously something small that is being overlooked.
AnnaBeavers Website: Pyxis Media (Under Construction)
UT2004 MM Invasion Server Aministrator

KNC
Private
Private

Post by KNC » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:07 am

[iX]AnnaBeaver wrote: PU's that randomly appear but are unable to be pick up is exactly how the generic version of WoP mod worked when I ran it. I ran that version on my server at one time and PU's randomly appear rather than being dropped from killed monsters. So, there's obviously something small that is being overlooked.
Ah well I was a bit unclear in my choice of words there. The PU's are normally dropped from monsters, but I can't pick them up.

Return to “Mod/Mutator Development”