Monster Skinning

This is the place to go if you need help with creating your Mod/Mutator.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Bert
Corporal
Corporal

Monster Skinning

Post by Bert » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:13 am

After messing around with Ut and figuring out enough about the monsters to make new ones, theres one thing I need to know.

How the hell do I get a new skin to work on a new monster, like a warlord for example?

I've made a couple in photoshop and took one from another package and tried that using both the import method and keeping it in a seperate package, but neither works.

DeathBringer
Corporal
Corporal

Post by DeathBringer » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:32 pm

i need help with makeing monsters in the default properties in the code it says skin and i dont know what type of pakage a skins in or ware to find it!!!!!!!

Shadow
Private
Private

Post by Shadow » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:00 pm

bert this might help it did for me.This shadow skin i used i painted it it was a green and black what i had to do was export it out of the file then paint it in photoshop and put it back as the same skin just different color i tried it where renaming it something else and it kept messing up
Its all fun in games till someone puts a eye out.Then its just down right hilarous. FOREST GUMP FOR PRESIDENT!?!?!

Arnold
Private
Private

Post by Arnold » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:39 pm

http://ini.hazelwhorley.com/tutorials.html
This site has some good info on how to code a monster, Iniquitous is the shiznit when it comes to coding monsters. I learned how to code monsters around the same time as Ini and it would of made it alot easier to figure out if I had of read this before I got started.

I have coded a bunch of monsters by expanding on the nali fighter code and the warlord code, I like the nali fighter for walking characters because they can get individualized weapons specified in the satoremonsterpack.ini same as the nalifighter. The monsters that look best flying can use the warlord code or some similar flying monster. The point is that its best not to screw with the warlord itself but to expand it by making a complementary monster that doesn't replace the warlord but expands on it.

Bert
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Bert » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:20 am

Thanks for the link.

I've sussed the skin part now anyway, I was being an idiot and trying to typecast it from super which is why it was failing.

Adding the skins in defaultproperties seems to work fine without having to mess with local variables etc.

(For the warlord at least)

Skins[0]=FinalBlend'Path.To.Skin'
Skins[1]=FinalBlend'Same.Line'

Return to “Mod/Mutator Development”