New form of jugging?

This is the place to go if you have questions about the server/forum rules or how to play effectively on the server.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Renegade
Private
Private

New form of jugging?

Post by Renegade » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:30 pm

Noticed recently that when someone requests a WoP be jugged, the jugger instead of asking for their weapon to be jugged back, just toss an empty weapon to the juggee and then pick up a fresh one

Ex:
Bob has an RL WoP +8
l33tpwnz0r requests a good WoP
Bob and l33tpwnz0r meet by RL pickup, Bob throws l33tpwnz0r empty RL +8 and tells him to keep it
Bob picks up a fresh RL and goes about his happy way reapplying PUs
l33tpwnz0r runs off on a PU hunting spree

Not necessarily an easier method of jugging since you have to clear and reapply PUs, but with some of the hiccups that have been happening that tend to eat weapons, it might be safer to do things this way for a while

SirBeast
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by SirBeast » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:17 pm

The thing that sucks about this is if the person tossing the weapon had any other weapons in that slot - say, they started with an Iron RL +5, which they then gold/purpled, and then 3 others ran up to purple it as well. So this original person then had touched not only the Iron RL +5 and RL of Pwr +6, but then also an RL of Pwr +7 and RL of Pwr +8.

In such a scenario, if the person tosses that empty RL of Pwr +8 to another player to just pick up another one, that person now has to pick up / toss EACH of the weapons they touched earlier from the pickup point, until they reach the final one in the series, the RL of Pwr +8. That's 4 weapons they have to cycle through, which just plain sucks.

Here's an idea - if you're asking for a weapon to be jugged, (A) get rid of the weapon of that type before you even ask, rather than finding the person and making them wait for you to cycle to your weapon and throw it away, (B) if you have autoswitch weapons on, select a weapon of a lower slot before receiving the new one, so you can (C) keep your finger on the key you have bound to tossweapon, so you can toss it right back to the person throwing it to you, instead of making them wait any longer at all for it - especially if their Iron Sturdy was on it and they will soon begin bouncing around because of mobs. Essentially, if someone is tossing you a weapon, even an empty weapon, NEVER ASSUME they don't want it back. Don't even ask - let them tell you to keep it.

Simply put, don't be a selfish censored by expecting some1 person tossing you a weapon to make it easiest to YOU. YOU instead should be gracious for their good teamwork by making it easiest for THEM.

(BTW Renegade - the final comment is not directed to you personally, just to the community at large who take nobody other than themselves into consideration)
I will consistently sacrifice political correctness for an attempt at humor. If ya can't deal, then ya need ta stop being ign'ant.

Sig by the awesome AnnaBeaver

Renegade
Private
Private

Post by Renegade » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:37 pm

I had to do the multi-toss a bit the other night, ended up going thru 5 Flaks before I got the one that was jugged to me(normal jugging) so personally that doesn't bother me

As for mutliple weapons, I've gotten into the habit of tossing whatever I'm going to jug before I get the weapon

Not a problem, I've seen my fair share of people begging and screaming for so-and-so WOP +39 or whatnot
Me, gimme a Flak/RL/Link at a +5 or more and I'm happy
Hell, if I don't get anything good from pickups, I'll settle for a +2/3

SirBeast
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by SirBeast » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:09 pm

Renegade wrote:As for mutliple weapons, I've gotten into the habit of tossing whatever I'm going to jug before I get the weapon
You sure are! The majority of my post was just a helpful hint for the newer players.
I will consistently sacrifice political correctness for an attempt at humor. If ya can't deal, then ya need ta stop being ign'ant.

MrsD
Corporal
Corporal

Post by MrsD » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:24 pm

Hi,
Beast, to add a point to your earlier comment, I have found that if I had a RL iron 6 and gold/ purp it up to 10 extra (but not full 10 extra as you don't get as many slots from purpling as a straight say rejuv 10 golded) then someone gets a (say rejuv 10) and golds it making it a TRUE 10 extra and I get a copy but then try to help by tossing it out, not only do I have to scroll throught the first lot to 10 UNTRUE extra but also I can not pick up the TRUE 10 extra again as it doesn't register two 10 extras, only one, I then have to die and jug it off someone again. hmm This means I waste valuable pu collecting time at which I'm slow anyways.

My lesson is IF I am in that situation again I will die first and then toss it out after that.

MrsD :|
:D & B Happy!

SirBeast
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by SirBeast » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:39 pm

Good point MrsD! Thanks for the 411!

To re-iterate for the rest of you who who have problems with reading (HICKY! LOL!), a RL of power +10 from a golded rejuv 10 has MANY more slots than and RL of power +10 from a golded 5 iron (or whatever ability) with 5 purples added to it.

Return to “Monster Madness Player Guide”