real-time chat/IM?

This is the place to go if you have questions about the server/forum rules or how to play effectively on the server.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Chuckles
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Chuckles » Tue Feb 06, 2007 6:03 am

SirBeast wrote:I use Xfire - although, again I will re-iterate - this is something I would like to see here on this page that could be used w/o loading additional software (like Xfire, Skype, blah blah blah) since we are at work/school and are not authorized/able to load new software on whatever machine we may be using. Could I make any clearer for you somehow?
heh i'm amazed they give you the freedom to access this site from where you work, i cant.
Xfire i have but almost no one is on anymore.
and if you want more, find a solution, then figure out how to pay for it, for i have the impression even this forum costs joey money to run.

maybe there is a free solution out there ......
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"One is easily fooled by that which one loves."
- Moliere

Draconia
Private
Private

Post by Draconia » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:42 am

Hi Guys

The question of a chat room has been raised and the answer to that is yes, one can be put on these pages if joey agrees, first of there is many chat programs out there both free and cost, some of the free ones are basic but not bad ie:- 1- or plus rooms, the admins can have total control over the chat room/s if so desired most of the chat rooms either come in a code format or a small package and can be put into a separate page with a link from the main page, you would log in with name and so on, as for voice chat that is more complicated and im not sure if there is any free ones out there that can be used here.

Hope this helps

Drac

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:55 am

Chuckles wrote: i have the impression even this forum costs joey money to run.

Yes indeed Joey is renting the space to host the forums. However we are working on fixing that (probably after the server gets patched).

A free chat program that I will recommend is FlashChat. If we do implement flashchat only registered users will be able to chat.

Flashchat is easy to use and members won't have to register to use it.

I didn't want to say anything yet as I just had to start all over and we don't know when it will be implemented, but I am currently making a new template/skin just for Joeyz Monster Madness Invasion Forums and will help him getting it set up on his server so he doesn't have to pay for anyone else to host it :)

If all goes well with the new template/skin I may consider making one or two others for variety 8)

Chuckles
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Chuckles » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:11 am

ZombieSlayer wrote:
Chuckles wrote: i have the impression even this forum costs joey money to run.

Yes indeed Joey is renting the space to host the forums. However we are working on fixing that (probably after the server gets patched).

A free chat program that I will recommend is FlashChat. If we do implement flashchat only registered users will be able to chat.

Flashchat is easy to use and members won't have to register to use it.

I didn't want to say anything yet as I just had to start all over and we don't know when it will be implemented, but I am currently making a new template/skin just for Joeyz Monster Madness Invasion Forums and will help him getting it set up on his server so he doesn't have to pay for anyone else to host it :)

If all goes well with the new template/skin I may consider making one or two others for variety 8)
I've been using the AcidTechEX colors
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"One is easily fooled by that which one loves."
- Moliere

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:07 pm

I didn't even bother to see if there were other templates available :oops:

Oh well my template is a custom template just for Joey and will be much better than the generic ones available now :P 8)

Return to “Monster Madness Player Guide”