I demand to know why I was banned!!!!!!

Just been BANNED or KICKED from the server and don't know why? Appeal to be unbanned from the server here, or find out why you were kicked/banned.
BaronVonRotterdam
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by BaronVonRotterdam » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:15 pm

Hey Whyachi,

You should be un-banned from the server now. I was talking to joey about it yesterday. If you aren't tell me. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Last edited by BaronVonRotterdam on Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
| ASRock Fatal1ty X470 | AMD Ryzen 3700x @Stock | 32GB DDR4 3200 mHz | Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 Super | Dell S2417DG |

[iX]AnnaBeaver
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by [iX]AnnaBeaver » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:05 pm

Ortega wrote:Actaully beast there is a way to idle. Not going to say which map but it works great in scoring. LOL

If your crouch and shoot the UT Idle won't kill you. You just have t put something over your key to paste it down.

Anna is right in a general sense. Its wrong to call out a admin or anyone unless you know. But Anna I will say this.

There is a Admin hiding behind the HAPPYFEET name and kicking people. Only joey knows and that is between Joey and that admin. I do think its wrong for a admin to hide behind a fake ID and not allow a justable cause to the person on why they are being banned. I think its coward on that person fault. If it was axe and he did it that way same goes. If it was Zombie, CJ, Paint (even though he's been alittle pissy lately with me). But I do know when Joey is logged in to Web admin he tells people (Hey (player name) this is joey .{""""}.

Attitude jumps to conclusion and that is human nature. I can't blame Wytachi for calling at Axe even though it wasn't right.
I too have seen an "unnamed" webadmin on ocassion which I think is odd. Even when I would login to my own server as a webadmin (and not wanting anyone to know it was me) I still used a made up admin name. Now, I don't know what sort of log system joey has in place on the server, but I can't even remember if UT itself actually logs the people who login via webadmin. I know that it logs peeps logging into admin ingame, but as for webadmin, I'm not to sure. However, I have a message out to someone to find out if in fact UT does log webadmins, because I'd like to know myself. I also asked them to point me in the direction of a possible mod or mutator that does just that..if one exists.

So, the fact is...that joey may not know who it is. Well...lemme think :roll: The webadmin users are setup by the server owner, and the owner gives them permissions. If the webadmin system is setup correctly, then the only thing that an added webadmin should be able to change in regards to their account would be their password but not their username. If the person was unknowingly given permissions to edit users or groups, then they could edit their own account. However, I don't think that joey would be so blind as to do something like that [-(

I think that even in the servers logs, that if someone is kicked or banned by a "webadmin", then that is all it states. "Player So&So: Kicked by webadmin on such&such date". If it's setup with the standard ut webadmin and loggin system, then I think the only way joey is going to know who it is, is if they say their name in chat. At this point I can't be absolutely sure, but as I think back...I don't ever remember seeing any specific usernames being listed in any of my logs. Even banning or kicking players with UT2Vote doesn't log the admin who banned the player...it simply logs that the player was banned...and gives the reason.

So, joey may in fact, not know who it is...it is a possibility. Personally, whenever I am logged into webadmin, I'll usually announce who I am on my own....or if someone asks, I'll tell them. Basically, because if something does occur, and a player is removed, kicked, banned or whatever...it makes everything a heck of alot easier when trying to resolve any issues...not only for me, but for the player as well. That way, they never have to try and "guess" who the admin was...and they can come straight to the source of their problem :wave: I'll try and get some more definative information in regards to webadmin or admin logging though!

I do agree that it's not a good idea to hide behind anything but your own name! If you are a stand up person and a good admin, then you should never be scared to say who you are!! Regardless of whether your decision was right or wrong. Admin'ing isn't a perfect science, and it does on ocassion encounter problems, but any good admin should be able to admit their mistakes just as much as they would defend their justified actions! =D>

Amy Infless: I agree
AnnaBeavers Website: Pyxis Media (Under Construction)
UT2004 MM Invasion Server Aministrator

Return to “UT2004 Server Removal”