Kicked for high ping?

Just been BANNED or KICKED from the server and don't know why? Appeal to be unbanned from the server here, or find out why you were kicked/banned.
NIR_Meteor

Kicked for high ping?

Post by NIR_Meteor » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:39 pm

You got to be kidding me!!! You guys either need to read up on why a server lags or shut it down. The reason for everyone pinging over 200-300(which is what happened when i was kicked) is either not enough bandwidth or your server is too damn slow to accomodate the number of mods and/or player count your trying to run it with. Sorry had to rant a bit but it does'nt seem like you guys are very knowledgable on what's going on with the lag. I see a lot of work went into setting it up and can appreciate the time it takes cause I run 2 servers (3 at 1 time) and it's a shame to have a nice server like this it run like crap. Thanks for your time.

Met

Ortega
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by Ortega » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:11 pm

Actaully its not the server that joey runs. Its the people on it. You could of been kicked for having a high ping or idealing.

If you ever get invited to joeys test server which he runs on the same system you will notice no lag at all. The people that come into the server are the ones that slow down the server. Its not true on all servers but it is for joeys. You can ask him yourself what he runs and its crazy!.

Its also the maps that people vote on like they are cookies to a kid and everyone knows they are going to lag. People need to LEARN TO VOTE for maps that work. That is also why alot of maps aren't there!
Later all!

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:43 pm

Yep Joeyz server is actually blazing fast and I'm willing to say he knows more about servers and bandwidth than you do.

You didn't list the fact that internect connection/hops could be the cause for lag and that is totally out of anyone's control.

I don't think I've ever booted anyone for high ping, but if you don't answer when I say reply or be booted....you're gone :butthead:

NIR_Meteor

Post by NIR_Meteor » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:28 am

Yeah sure.. a certian players ping depends mostly on distance and number of hops it takes to and from the server... but that's not what was happening. EVERYONE had a ping of close to or over 300 which has nothing to do with an individual player. There were a few people kicked at the same time. I rejoined after a while and things were fine cause it was not full. I was on the server for a few hours yesterday and anytime the server filled up the lag was pretty bad. Seems to me the server is being pushed past it's capabilities just a tad.

I'm pretty sure the kicking was random but thats not very cool getting kicked just cause the server is running like crap.

Anyways, hope you guys get it straightened out cause like I said, it's a shame to have a nice server lag like that.

BTW, what's the specs on the server and the connection speed? Just wondering.

Thanx,

Met

hwsb
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by hwsb » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:28 pm

seriously dude, we know what we're doing. this didn't all just happen accidentally.

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:38 pm

I forget the exact specs...pm Joey and when he gets around to it he'll tell ya.

NIR_Meteor

Post by NIR_Meteor » Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:23 am

Will do zombie.. thanx.

Amy Infless
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by Amy Infless » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:09 am

curious why i this read first time now...
sure its now some days ago, but meteor, you said "kicked",
you really sure it was "kicked" (with the blue "for no specific reason"-window/requester) or was it the sometimes happening collective "lagout"
when xx players are disconected at same time for a mysterious reason, and when they rejoin they still see 1-4 players playin(or beeing dead, but not disconnected) while more and more "kicked" players rejoin?

zombie, there is no doubt there are hereos out there who know much more than we all, but time and expierience has shown even to unbeatable professionals, that, if something starts to be boring "routine" YOU
start going to be careless and then it happens some simple things are suddenly ignored/forgotten forever cause "you cant tell me something
new!"

so, question about joeys server, if i remember its "his own pc". what os is he running? maybe there is one thing we ignored all the time.
if someone want make a server with WIN-XP, i remember i read something about a limitation of max. 10 (guaranteed?? working) possible
connections.
but i cant remember what was meant with that limitation, if more than
10 are connected, is win only workin with 10, the rest doesnt work?
or is win workin with all (16-18players/specs) connected players but is
decreasing the perfformance now????

i dunno, if this is valid for winxp-pro or win-xp-home (or win-xp-server?)
but if this is true, maybe this "decreasing of peformance" has to do with
"my" <sequence of disapearing "things"> ?????

on some homepages, where i can rent gameservers, i read long time ago
even that thing about limitation, that was one big reason after win´s
virusproblems, why they mostly use linux/unix for 100% optimized data-transfer.
maybe its worth to look at that....(... to find and fix something?)

ats

Gothicize
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Gothicize » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:19 am

Are you sure you just didnt get logged out cause that happens at times.

Amy Infless
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by Amy Infless » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:23 am

btw meteor,
bandwidth i think isnt the problem, it looks like you was never on server
when only 5 or 6 players are online (yes its rare but it happens sometimes!) and it still "laaag" and all pings go up... but only 5-6 players connected. and playing in same normally non-laggin maps, playing with same weps, and playing with only "old" known players and NO
server-forcing-to-crash-noob(s)!

i often wonder how THIS often happens with "only" 5 -6 veteran players
connected. so, if its really "bandwidth", why do we not all play with ping 600+ when server is full in last waves, with 2 specs and a webadmin logged in? shouldnt we all be that high then ????

if you really know that much, im sure you can answer that in a non-excuses, blonde-girl-can-understanding-way ;-)

ats

Return to “UT2004 Server Removal”