Otagi

New here? Well welcome to the Forum! Come create a thread, introduce yourself, and read about your team mates from the server.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

vrillusions
Private
Private

Otagi

Post by vrillusions » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:10 pm

First off, I guess the server prunes accounts that haven't logged in to the forums in a while, so my old account on here got deleted. If you sent me any private messages, send them again

I am known pretty much everywhere online as vrillusions. I just play games as Otagi for reasons unknown. The "proper" pronunciation of otagi (to me at least) is O-tah-G. The name itself doesn't mean anything and it's not some special acronym or anything. I somehow came up with it while trying to think of a japanese sounding name. No, I'm not from Japan, nor Japanese, I just really like the place :D

I'm a 25 male and I live in a little town called Streetsboro that is in the north eastern part of Ohio, US. Apparently pretty close to SirBeast, as scary as that sounds. I work as a network admin/web application developer (aka program stuff in php).

Other hobbies include watching anime, of course, and DJing records. I'm not playing out anywhere at the moment since I'm being too much of a perfectionist when it comes to releasing a demo cd. I play really hard techno, acid techno, UK NRG, and some trance thrown in there for good measure. I go to parties in Toronto probably at least once every 3 months (about a 6 hour drive).

Other games I'm playing to some level is Second Life, Final Fantasy X (almost finished with that), and will soon to be God of War II once that comes out this week \:D/ I keep meaning to finish half life 2 but I should just give up on that as I can never seem to find time or the motivation to play it. I have a Gamespot Profile that shows the current games I'm playing and any reviews I think of doing.

I have been playing the unreal series of games since Unreal [1] back in, umm, a long time ago, '97 maybe? For those unfamiliar with the first Unreal game, a couple of it's big advancements were colored lights in software rendering mode (for some reason you could not find that in the early games in software render mode) and there were single maps you could spend an hour on. One time we played through the whole game on coop with a bunch of people and it took probably close to 22 hours. I haven't really bothered with Unreal 2 but I've been playing all the unreal tournament series since they first came out.

My current gaming rig is an AMD64 3500+, 1gb dual channel ddr400 (I think) ram, GeForce 7300 PCIe graphics, SATA drives, and running windows xp. Looking into moving to just using a linux desktop and keep xp around to play games.

I'm usually playing either late at night durring the weekends or usually during the weekends at night.

Nard
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Nard » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:41 pm

Streetsboro eh? How, I live near akron in a city called Green. How far do you think you are away from their?
Signature by [IX]AnnaBeaver

SirBeast
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by SirBeast » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:58 pm

Nard wrote:Streetsboro eh? How, I live near akron in a city called Green. How far do you think you are away from their?
It's about 30-45 minutes N/NE of us Nard, NE of Hudson
I will consistently sacrifice political correctness for an attempt at humor. If ya can't deal, then ya need ta stop being ign'ant.

Sig by the awesome AnnaBeaver

Coke
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Coke » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:05 pm

nard is beast your B1tch? :shock:

SirBeast
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by SirBeast » Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:13 pm

Coke wrote:nard is beast your B1tch? :shock:
Naw, more like the other way around...

everyone knows a good pimp treats their b|tches right - unless they don't got my money!

"I want my money and I want it fast, so b1tch, gimme my money, else I'm gonna take it out your @ss!"
I will consistently sacrifice political correctness for an attempt at humor. If ya can't deal, then ya need ta stop being ign'ant.

vrillusions
Private
Private

Post by vrillusions » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:21 pm

guess I'll hold off on signing that bitch contract with you then. 'cause I ain't got no money honey
game name: Otagi
current level: 129

SirBeast
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by SirBeast » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:33 pm

vrillusions wrote:guess I'll hold off on signing that bitch contract with you then. 'cause I ain't got no money honey
Den you need to get your arse out there on the corner of 43 and 322 and earn it!!! Shake that thang! LOL!

vrillusions
Private
Private

Post by vrillusions » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:03 pm

hmm, don't know where 322 is (but I live like 1 mile off of 43, of course 43 is a really long road though). I heard arlington rd in akron is a nice, safe, peaceful area </sarcasm> ;)
game name: Otagi
current level: 129

Return to “Introduce Yourself”