special weapons vs. special pu´s

General discussion.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Amy Infless
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

special weapons vs. special pu´s

Post by Amy Infless » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:35 pm

i like havin fun every now and then by helping NOOBS ( ;) ) and new players with
spawning some special weps (more or less hidden) in the map.

so that even a new player can do the one or other kill i prefered lilly, essr and laser.

the question is now, what is better, a weapon pickup for everyone or the powerup(s)???
i mean, a weaponpickup is better for lowlevels, if they die with having nothing or noone who helps
with building wops, they can at least pick a new one and try again make some kills.
with spawning a handfull of these pus that doesnt work since everyone would like to have five of them
for themself... (3 in inventory, 1 in the primary wep, and one in the cloned one...)

btw lilly, laser, wand-powerups, they dont turn the weapon into the known ones with the special skin
like the wand (brownyellow, with "magicwand-sign)), lilly (black with "lil lady"-sign) or laser (green) had.

dunno if that can or will be fixed..

ats
Do not try kill THIS bug !!! ->Image Your monitor may not like it...

Those who correct my English will be shot! Survivors will be shot again!

Mobster
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Re: special weapons vs. special pu´s

Post by Mobster » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:34 pm

As long as players don't start to expect a hand out every game. Summoning the PU would be the best option. As for the hording, summon them out sparingly. If they loose it then they lost there gift for the game imo. Avoid the giveitem command, or you risk messing up the flow of the game or possibly causing a crash.

They aren't supposed to change the weapon skin. The plan was to make all the weapons like the flak cannon and it's pu's, were it changes the weapon projectile rather than the skin. An effort to improve performance.
Mob
Monster Madness RPG WoP Invasion Server Administrator - UT 2004
Map Editor - UT 2004

Return to “UT2004 General Discussion”