Enabling UT Skins

Have a cool custom skin? Post a topic about it in here. **Note** See the announcement in this forum before posting!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

FerreT
Private
Private

Enabling UT Skins

Post by FerreT » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:57 pm

I hope I properly address my problem, I know many of the players on the server use custom skins and my client, for some odd reason, doesn't load the skins, so I only see everyone as the character "Othello". I believe this causes me to not see any power ups because I think my client is trying to load the skins instead of other ongoing textures. I don't know how to disable them and I was wondering if there was a custom skin mod you needed to download before you can view them. Estimated time before I can't see power ups, players, and monsters: 50 seconds <- if that helps.

btw I got patch 3369 and my rig is kick*** enough.
ImageImage

Ragnarok
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Ragnarok » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:55 am

nope, we all supposedly to only use default skins, but yeah..

but "if" the new patch comes out ( for the MM server ) it will solve alot of lag issues, and people can no longer use custom skins, which will also help issues.

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:26 am

Seeing the default skin is not causing you to not see power ups. That is either packet loss or graphics lag.

Another possibility are the noobs hoarding power ups. Only x number of power ups are supposed to drop/be in play. If some noob (or 2) is holding 3 of every power up, chances are you won't see any power ups until said noob dies and releases the power ups.

Here's a common sense (lacking in most players now a days) tip, if it doesn't go on your gun drop it.

Also (not a rule but should be) do not build more than 1 weapon unless you are level 200+. Building more than one weapon is just like power up hoarding. You are preventing others from being able to get a power up they may need.
If you lost your cd and have the old drive and have not reinstalled UT2004 or reformatted the drive, you can find your old cd key in the registry here ...

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technologies\Installed Apps\UT2004

FerreT
Private
Private

Post by FerreT » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:45 am

ZombieSlayer wrote:Seeing the default skin is not causing you to not see power ups. That is either packet loss or graphics lag.
I thought about packet loss, and it does seem to be a leading cause because my cable speed is ~ 30kbs. I've tried everything from lowering graphics for less packs to saying that I had dial up speed and none of those work. If you have any suggestions then please post again.

Thanks so much.
ImageImage

Return to “Custom Skins”