Tips On Effective Healing and Medic Use

Do you know some good strategies to help your fellow team mates do better in game? Help us out. Post some in here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Scion
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tips On Effective Healing and Medic Use

Post by Scion » Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:05 am

Ok guys, I decided to make a few tips on medic weapons and effective healing methods. Reason for this is for those people who decide they want to go medic or what to know a little bit more about the advantages and disadvantages of medic weapons or need a quick healing weapon. I will also like some advise from other medic weapon users and things people have noticed from medic usage. This is an open invitation for you amy, goth, and paintball (if I remember right, you use medic weapon maker too).

First off, to become a medic, one needs 2 things, high health bonus (400), and high damage reduction (400 also). Next, one has to buy the Field Medic ability from their leveling screen. At the first lvl of this ability, you just get the Medic Weapon Maker which takes any non negative gun, non weapon of power, or non misfortune weapon (haven't seen any of these anymore), so you need basicly a gun that you could gold to use the Medic Weapon Maker (MWM from now on) on. Also, you will have to collect 10 adren before you can activate the MWM. The first lvl allows you to heal someone to their normal maximum health. The second lvl allows you to heal them 100 health past the maximum amount, and third lvl allows to heal 150 past the maximum amount. With splash weapons, it is sometimes better to aim at people's feet and hit both yourself and them.

Weapons that work well for healing:
Mp5: It works well since it is a fast and accurate weapon and heals decently on each shot. It alt fire heal isn't as effective but has splash damage allowing a person to heal himself and anyone else near what they are shooting. An effective method is to run up to someone who is missing health and you are missing health, and to hit both yourself and the injured with the alt fire.

Shieldgun: This is a horrible weapon to try and heal someone with due to the fact its extremely close range, deals little damage, and knocks the person you are healing away. It will however heal yourself but its not worth it unless its the only gun you can medic.

Bio Rifle: Its a decent weapon to heal one person with or yourself, but the weapon of power version with weapon spread and healing pu work much more effective, but with max weapon speed, you will heal a person pretty quick.

Mine Layer: This is a hard weapon to try and heal with since the mines have to blow up on the person when you shoot it, or explode in your face instead of bouncing off and just turning into a spider mine. It makes for an ok weapon to fight with on first waves but it doesn't heal well and effectively so skip medicing this weapon.

Combat Shotgun: Some people will probably be upset if you medic this but it heals nicely and quickly and kills monsters pretty good still.

Shock Rifle: The main fire doesn't heal fast enough but the alt fire is nice to self heal and healing someone else at the same time. The shock combo isn't worth the effort for the little amount it heals for.

Turbo Laser: It will heal really fast but for very little, and its alt fire is the same as the Shock Rifle.

Lil Lady: This gun is powerful and I have never medic one myself but I can imagine that it heals fast and is effective still against monsters.

Super Shock Rifle (SSR): It can't be turn into a medic weapon.

Enhanced Super Shock Rifle (ESSR): I have never medic one of these but I don't think it would heal very fast or well.

Minigun: The minigun is one of my favorites since it heals for a little at a time but has really fast fire and can fully heal a person in just a few seconds. It has no splash damage so a person can't heal themselves with this gun, but with team vamp, a person can heal another and get back their health pretty quick too.

Mini Rocket Launcher: It has fast fire and does decent damage, and heals alright, but one has to worry sometimes about knocking others around. It isn't as fast as the minigun, but it still does well.

Mini SSR Light: I have never medic this gun and when the mini ssr pu was still coming from monsters, it was impossible to medic the mini in that state since it was already a weapon of power. I am not sure how well this gun would do.

Mini SSR Heavy: Same as the Mini SSR Light, I have never medic this gun and it only comes from the weapon crate.

Rocket Launcher (RL): The Rocket Launcher is a nice splash damage weapon that can heal a few people if they are all near the point of explosion of the rocket. It fires at a decent rate and heals for a decent amount. This weapon is a nice one to get into a corner and heal oneself quickly.

Flare Launcher: This will heal fast and well, but its bright light will get on some people's nerves so try to heal a person on the side careful of hitting them in the back since they can be pushed by this gun. Also beware that it is a little bit harder to see where you are shooting sometimes and you might end up right in front of a rock that you couldn't see.

Cutter Rifle: I haven't medic this gun in so long I have forgotten how effective it heals but it has a splash damage so it can heal people and it has bounce effects so it can hit other people and heal them for a little without you knowing.

Flak Cannon: This has many little shots and each shot heals a person for an ok amount. This weapon can be shot off walls and heal people from all the shots bouncing around. Up close and personal, this gun will quickly put a person back into the fight and when up against the wall, you will be alright too. When escaping monsters, a person can shoot the main fire at walls ahead or use the alt fire at their feet to quickly heal themselves while retreating.

Particle Gun: I haven't medic this gun either but I can imagine it will fill a room full of healing particles and people will feel the heal.

Grenade Launcher: I laugh when I use this gun. With all the grenades on a person, you might heal them, but you have to hit them first and people don't stand still sometimes. And you can't place grenades on yourself so you have to blow the grenade up when you are right next to it.

Laser Rifle: Great killing weapon, crappy healing weapon. It will tear monsters apart, but it only heals 1 health with each shot.

Link Gun: Link gun has a very moderate rate of fire and can keep up a nice stream of fire. Each shot will heal for a little and an added bonus is that you can link with this gun with another person who is using a link gun (and it can be a Weapon of Power or medic link). The advantage with linking to a person with a WOP link is that as long as they don't run out of ammo (cured by inf) and they have a nice pu like weapon spread, then they will do extra damage while covering a large area. One thing to note is that you will not be healing this person as long as you are using alt fire, however you can stop alt fire and use main fire to heal this person. When in a hiding spot, you will be the supporting character probably if you do this and this person will be out enough in the open that they will take damage, so you can know that you will be healing this person probably later. Also, you will gain exp off the hits since you are linked to this person, and one test that needs to be done is to see if a person with either a medic link or WOP link with healing pu, while linked with another, if that person will heal others for more with each shot.

I need to test some of them out some more.

Now you may be thinking, why go medic and heal people when I should just go out and shoot the monsters instead or just use a weapon of power with healing pu on it. Well if a person gets the Field Medic Experienced, you gain xp off of healing people with your medic weapon. But the xp amount depends on many things like the Field Medic Experiened lvl (maxed lvl is 9 I believe), Field Medic lvl ( max lvl is 3), damage bonus ( I think this may determine how much you heal a person for), size of map, hiding places, lvl of players, your lvl, health max of people (since more health on people means more you can health them for), type of weapon used, and probably even more things. One thing a medic can do is to be able to change many different weapons into medic weapons at different times depending on which weapon they want to use for healing. Medic weapons though don't have the strength weapons of power have when loaded, but they begin with infinite ammo and will hold a person over till they get one for their weapon of power for fighting. A medic weapon can't be golded, and its power can't be raised.

Anything else you want to add that is useful, I would appreciate it.
Last edited by Scion on Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes a crazy move is the best move.

|bah|Ariel
Private
Private

Post by |bah|Ariel » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:42 am

Did you forgot the link gun ..

If i get in late at a game and i know i cant make any kills i normally use the link gun to heal..

But mostly idf there is a chance i use it to boost other link gunners.

Scion
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Scion » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:03 pm

Meh I really need to medic some of these guns....gotta find a crate...and bar....and live............

Also, I added link gun to list now.
Sometimes a crazy move is the best move.

Return to “Monster Madness Strategy Guide”