Anime for all

Jokes, Media, Mayhem, you know...fun stuff.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

SirBeast
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Anime for all

Post by SirBeast » Wed May 02, 2007 6:51 am

The recent posts in the word association game prompted this post. Essentially I've noticed that quite a few of our players watch anime, and I want to know what your favorites are. Mine are:

NARUTO!!! A#1!!

Then
CowBoy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
(It's scary how the characters in this one are so very similar - same art/production company at least. I think honestly think Muugen (sp?) is Spike's ancestor.)

Then...
Hellsing
Bleach
I will consistently sacrifice political correctness for an attempt at humor. If ya can't deal, then ya need ta stop being ign'ant.

Sig by the awesome AnnaBeaver

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Wed May 02, 2007 7:00 am

LoL the closet to anime that I've seen in the last decade is the Dragon Ball series .... does that count?

SirBeast
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by SirBeast » Wed May 02, 2007 10:48 am

ZombieSlayer wrote:LoL the closet to anime that I've seen in the last decade is the Dragon Ball series .... does that count?
Yes, it does, although that's one of the "Neverending Quest" series... like Inuyasha. Naruto might be like that too - not sure yet, as I haven't seen enough of the series.

Another one I forgot to mention: Death Note
I will consistently sacrifice political correctness for an attempt at humor. If ya can't deal, then ya need ta stop being ign'ant.

Quester115
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Quester115 » Wed May 02, 2007 11:07 am

"She said I could be a member of BEBOP!!!"

god i love that show have entire series on ipod
want to see another made maybe about Spike's past in the syndicate, but its not like thats gonna happen lol

I think ein is behind the entire series

ohh and the animator for the fight scenes in champloo did part of the opening of x-play, first time i saw that was like whoa wtf that look familiar... ... ...awesome
[seeking truth in life, no matter how painful it can be]

TheMadDJ
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Re: Anime for all

Post by TheMadDJ » Wed May 02, 2007 11:28 am

SirBeast wrote:NARUTO!!! A#1!!
PERVERTED HERMIT! :wave:

Only really watch Naruto rarely, I'm more a fan of the anime videos (Such as Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away, Princess Monoke etc)

SirBeast
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Re: Anime for all

Post by SirBeast » Wed May 02, 2007 12:59 pm

TheMadDJ wrote:
SirBeast wrote:NARUTO!!! A#1!!
PERVERTED HERMIT! :wave:

Only really watch Naruto rarely, I'm more a fan of the anime videos (Such as Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away, Princess Monoke etc)
PERVY SAGE ROCKS!!!

"Sprited Away" was an AWESOME flick - typical Campbellian "Hero Saga"

Haven't see Mononoke or HMC yet - have heard they're good though. Will have to check them out.

KnaveSkye
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by KnaveSkye » Wed May 02, 2007 1:18 pm

DBZ was probably my favorite, but it was also my first. A very close second would be Trigun, followed by the origional .hack//

Some other good ones were Neon Genisis:Evangelion, inuyasha is ok, Kenshin/samurai X, original dragon ball, didnt care much for GT. Ohh yah, Outlaw star, that was a good one that was on toonami a few years back. Y's was ok(yes, its call "Y's" pronounced Yees).
"Never argue with an idiot, they will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

"When all else fails, use fire"

SirBeast
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Post by SirBeast » Wed May 02, 2007 1:29 pm

KnaveSkye wrote:DBZ was probably my favorite, but it was also my first. A very close second would be Trigun, followed by the origional .hack//

Some other good ones were Neon Genisis:Evangelion, inuyasha is ok, Kenshin/samurai X, original dragon ball, didnt care much for GT. Ohh yah, Outlaw star, that was a good one that was on toonami a few years back. Y's was ok(yes, its call "Y's" pronounced Yees).

Oooh yeah! I had forgotten about Outlaw Star! I need to get that on DVD to see how the series ended.

I think you might be lying about DBZ being your first anime though. For some reason I get the impression that you used to watch Robotech or Voltron, both old-school animes, and both favorites of mine.

Trigun was pretty good, though I was kinda disappointed in the whole humanoid-plantlife angle.
Kenshin/samurai X was another good one - again, need to get that to see how the series ends.
Never seen Y's - what was it about?

KnaveSkye
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by KnaveSkye » Wed May 02, 2007 3:34 pm

to be honest, its been so long i cant remember the plot >.< just remember liking it. I never did watch any of those old ones cause they fall int omy "mech" catagory. I dont care for mech shows or games. Dont know why, jus tnever could get into them. And yes....irealize that evangelion was very mech'ish, but the plot and the way they delivered it made it still enjoyable to me.
"Never argue with an idiot, they will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

"When all else fails, use fire"

Quester115
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by Quester115 » Wed May 02, 2007 7:14 pm

and another series that I absolutely loved: Gundum SEED
omg great action and a deep and twisting storyline 50 episodes of greatness
[seeking truth in life, no matter how painful it can be]

Return to “Fun, Games, Jokes”