Lets talk about maps on the server.

This is the place to post requests for new maps that you would like to play on the server.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

joeyz
BF2 & UT2004 Server Founder

Lets talk about maps on the server.

Post by joeyz » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:39 pm

Ladies and Gents,

First I wanna say "THANK YOU" for developing new maps and fixing old ones. One of the reasons for lag in game is the maps that are being played. So, having said that, here is my guidance for maps.
(Please pay attention to this cause it wont be added to new server).

Map Rules for people who make maps or wanting existing maps added to server:

1. This is not a test server for... "This is my new Maps."
When you finish your map, test with your friends and make sure all the bugs are fixed.

2. Make sure there are a minimum of 20 player spawn points. if the map doesn't, it wont be added.

3. Make sure there are at least 100 navigation points. i run lots of monsters and monsters will fight over where to spawn = LAG.

4. No more big area maps (wide areas and high ceilings). No fun running all the way over to end of map to kill monsters. Most popular and high rated maps are small to medium in size.

5. No maps with big high res textures. Why in the hell people use 1024 x 1024 textures for an object on the map is beyond me. not one is going to see the object as big as a 17" monitor. make your textures/meshes small low res. I am tired of map downloads being so huge cause the textures/meshes are extremely hi res. 128, 256. and 512 size images are ebst for many occasions. There is no reason for a map to be over 5 megs. The larger the maps in megabytes, the more resources (Video, RAM and CPU) players will need to play it smoothly.

6. If you make a map, embed the objects into map. I dont like maintaining serveral files for a map (like textures, sounds, animations, meshes, textures). Compile these items into the maps. No external files.

7. Music: if you add music or sounds, make sure its short not long and make sure its about 1100 and 8 bit mono. no one is going to notice sound quality much at all.

8 if you recommend a map from a map website. think about the player spawn points and navigation points for monsters. Does it have at least 20 Player Spawn Points? Ask one of our map developers help you fix the map.

I appreciate your help. As you know, i am starting a new server with serious rules on packages (monsters, weapons, maps, sounds, textures, meshes and animations). I amd tired of lag and sure the players are too.

I will start shit canning maps that arent worth playing cause of being too large or causing lag.
Flak of Power +10 [Powerups: 3 Sturdy, 2 infs, 1 Healing, 1 Vorpal, 1 Lucky, 1 Poison 5x, 1 Protection 5x, 1 Retaliation x5, 1 Retention, 1 Super Force, 2 Speed 5x, 2 Damage 5x, 2 Energy 5x, 1 Penetrating, 1 Razorbomb]
Flak of Power +10 [Powerups: 3 Sturdy, 2 infs, 1 Healing, 1 Vorpal, 1 Lucky, 1 Poison 5x, 1 Protection 5x, 1 Retaliation x5, 1 Retention, 1 Super Force, 2 Speed 5x, 2 Damage 5x, 2 Energy 5x, 1 Penetrating, 1 Razorbomb]

Return to “Map Requests”