A modest complaint

General Discussion

Moderator: Forum Moderators

No_Nickname

A modest complaint

Post by No_Nickname » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:34 am

With the number of Karkand servers available for me to play on due to being banned for stupid crap (ex: BS and BAD) I have joined a friend who plays here sometimes and I'd have to say it's not a favorite server but it will have to do. Most of the time there are no admins on at least when I play and from 1a.m to about 2:30- 3am for 7-8 rounds straight teams were uneven and we were ran over or camped out because half the team was afk. I believe more admins are needed for the early morning as this has happened a couple times and it really isn't a lot of fun.

Greetz
No_Nickname

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: A modest complaint

Post by ZombieSlayer » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 am

Sometimes we can't always make our "shifts" and the server is admin less :( We have quite a few admins, but 24/7 coverage is unrealistic on any server really. Usually {St3r|le}Gauzes and {St3r|le}Bandages are on during that time. Even if you don't see them in game, type out for an admin in chat (they might just have bf2cc up) and if they see that the server needs attention they'll jump in.
If you lost your cd and have the old drive and have not reinstalled UT2004 or reformatted the drive, you can find your old cd key in the registry here ...

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technologies\Installed Apps\UT2004

-|crazy|-stiffl0r
BF2 Server Admin
BF2 Server Admin

Post by -|crazy|-stiffl0r » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:36 pm

Even though you might not notice, there are admins on the server or at least monitoring the player list and chat most of the time. Stating a problem (e.g. can't create squads, idling commander, aimbotter, ...) in the chat will most likely get noticed and something will be done about it.

Please remember this is a "no rules" server. Everything is fair game except glitching, hacking and severe cases of disruptive gameplay. We won't go switch people around to even out the teams unless there's only a few players on and it would ruin the game otherwise.
Uneven teams will even temselves out eventually. The people that suck switch to the stronger team and make them lose.

Is No_Nickname your ingame alias?

No_Nickname

Post by No_Nickname » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:25 pm

my main account is [FUB]O sas-No_Nickname-sas, and I kinda have to disagree, servers will never even out if both sides have an equal number of people. I am a server admin in FUB and most of the complaints are to even the teams, usually uneven teams will cause people to quit instead of staying.

just my .02

Return to “BF2 General Discussion”