BigRabidSquirrel - Possible Hacker

Have you gotten your ass kicked more often than usual? Do you think, strike that, KNOW that a player in game is a hacker? Post any proof you may have here. We accept YouTube videos of 3rd person camera gameplay primarily.
=SG= The_Man_13
BF2 Server Admin
BF2 Server Admin

BigRabidSquirrel - Possible Hacker

Post by =SG= The_Man_13 » Tue May 17, 2011 11:43 am

I have seen BigRabidSquirrel (2f5d7c6a) play in the server a few times now, yet I cannot find any screen shots.

His play is supicious to say the least. A PBBans search turned up the following two banned GUID, the later was a TeamWarfare account.

a580e891 (GGC)

37bac91281ab659b931bcaae449b404c
(PBBans, GGC)

-|crazy|-stiffl0r
BF2 Server Admin
BF2 Server Admin

Re: BigRabidSquirrel - Possible Hacker

Post by -|crazy|-stiffl0r » Tue May 17, 2011 1:10 pm

You do realize this is nothing more than any other accusation?
Recording a video of a player hacking probably takes about the same amount of effort, but helps us a lot more.

Btw - what's with the bold? We're not that old, we can read regular text just fine as well.

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Tue May 17, 2011 1:15 pm

I'd like to point out that screen shots and video from other servers doesn't mean jack to us. What goes on elsewhere we don't care. If they hack somewhere else, but play clean here, they are welcome to stay.
If you lost your cd and have the old drive and have not reinstalled UT2004 or reformatted the drive, you can find your old cd key in the registry here ...

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technologies\Installed Apps\UT2004

BaronVonRotterdam
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by BaronVonRotterdam » Tue May 17, 2011 2:24 pm

Right, as stifflor and zombie already said. We need video evidence of the person playing on our server. Only from that can we make a decision and we don't ban players for past offenses on other servers. If they play clean here then they are welcome to stay as long as they continue doing so. Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention but there is nothing more we can do without evidence to support these accusations. If you can obtain said evidence you are more than welcome to post it here for us to look at.
| ASRock Fatal1ty X470 | AMD Ryzen 3700x @Stock | 32GB DDR4 3200 mHz | Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 Super | Dell S2417DG |

=SG= The_Man_13
BF2 Server Admin
BF2 Server Admin

Post by =SG= The_Man_13 » Tue May 17, 2011 2:55 pm

As the title states "Possible Hacker". I thought this was a watch list, my bad...

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Wed May 18, 2011 12:06 pm

It is a watch list, we just put out the information about what we use as evidence.
If you lost your cd and have the old drive and have not reinstalled UT2004 or reformatted the drive, you can find your old cd key in the registry here ...

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technologies\Installed Apps\UT2004

=SG= The_Man_13
BF2 Server Admin
BF2 Server Admin

Post by =SG= The_Man_13 » Sat May 21, 2011 9:31 am

I'm a bit confused here ...

If screenshots, videos and bans from other servers mean nothing here, why do you stream bans to the server and advertise same in game?

Surely you are not only steaming those bans initiated by your crack team of admins ...

That said, it seems that your liberal stance on hacking here makes your server a haven for the seasoned hacker.

You know, not the guy standing up with a PKM mowing people down of which the requested video easily provides proof.

But rather the player that has been hacking for years collecting more than a handful of global bans and learning to avoid detection?

Although many such players frequent your server let's take boseefus (aka AuraBleau) for instance. You let him play in your server producing only B1 black screenshots. He now regulates his play to produce obtainable high stats:

orignL AuraB|eau score 9963 Time Played 26.22 score per minute 6.33 (taken from your server)

I have seen this guy post so many ban appeals over the years it's a joke. He truely thinks there is no way to catch him at this point.

I will no longer waste my or your time.

Good Luck,

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Sat May 21, 2011 1:26 pm

All of us have watched Aura (and some of the other regs) and while I still think he's a hack, we have no solid proof. Unless PB updates it's software to catch the "pb proof" hacks, we are stuck with spectating them at various times under various aliases to try to catch them.

What do you mean by ...
=SG= The_Man_13 wrote: Surely you are not only steaming those bans initiated by your crack team of admins ...
Since I have not actually set up a BF2 server I never paid attention to the streams :D

We don't ban without solid proof of hacking on our server. If you don't like the way we operate you aren't being held hostage.

Mobster
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by Mobster » Sat May 21, 2011 2:39 pm

We stream for extra protection for our server, it will not catch all of the hackers. (But has caught 34 of them so far.) None of us can be on 24/7, so the stream is there to catch a hacker if it can.

We will take your videos/screenshots and view them, but we will not ban anyone off of your evidence.
The Admins here will take their own video footage/screenshots before placing the ban themselves.

The server is ranked #3 out of all of them, so we have to be doing something right.
Mob
Monster Madness RPG WoP Invasion Server Administrator - UT 2004
Map Editor - UT 2004

-|crazy|-stiffl0r
BF2 Server Admin
BF2 Server Admin

Post by -|crazy|-stiffl0r » Sat May 21, 2011 2:49 pm

We do not speculate on bans. People playing on our server are innocent until proven guilty. We do our best to keep hackers off the server, but that does not include legit players who are just good or people that have hacked in the past and don't anymore.
This is what makes the server so popular - not being banned for stupid stuff. Nobody expects you to agree with us on that, but quite a few people do and we therefore do not intend to change the way of running the server.

Don't get me wrong - we do not allow hackers on the server and try to catch as many of them as possible. We also appreciate the help we get from our players.
By giving you this insight on how we do things, we try to help you provide the proof we need instead of spending your time on pbbans searching for stuff we can't use anyway. Thought you would understand. Sorry if I sounded a little harsh.

Thanks for your help.

edit: mobster posted while I was away having supper. I'll post this anyway.

Return to “Vigilante HQ”