Developing WOP Powerups with Mayhem Weapons

This is the place to go if you need help with creating your Mod/Mutator.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

KNC
Private
Private

Developing WOP Powerups with Mayhem Weapons

Post by KNC » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:30 am

Well yeah. After 29 Months of total silence in this section I right now make a new thread here.

I thought about experimenting a bit with UT2004 weapons and I'm specifically interested in a copy of the Mayhem Weapons mutator, suppoesedly released in some bufbp2 some long years ago. It has some cool stuff I would base my weapons on which I would provide to MM. In case anyone would be even interested in this. I just can't find this damn mod anywhere. Anyone has it or know where to get it or is it hopeless?
Last edited by KNC on Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: Mayhem weapons?

Post by ZombieSlayer » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:54 pm

Can only find a beta release, not sure if they ever got a real release done.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/SEARCH/; ... einfo.html
If you lost your cd and have the old drive and have not reinstalled UT2004 or reformatted the drive, you can find your old cd key in the registry here ...

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technologies\Installed Apps\UT2004

KNC
Private
Private

Post by KNC » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:28 am

ZombieSlayer wrote:Can only find a beta release, not sure if they ever got a real release done.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/SEARCH/; ... einfo.html
If there's an chance I'll ever make some UT weps myself, YOU SIR just enabled it.

But It'll take some time before I will come up with any result.

I also already checked it. There are some aweosme things in there that would improve MM a lot if they could be refactured int PUs. But I really notice it's a beta, some things don't work but the important thing is that I have the ideas and the related code snippets. With a few tweaks this could make weapons like shock rifle or lightning gun useful once again. Some of the things found in the mod are actually already on MM like the well known lag rockets, err I mean fire rockets.

Now just... fight a bit with the development tools...

First of all to start working with their stuff I need to extract the source code out of the MayhemWeapons.u
But I can't really open it with UnrealED to extract it, it doesn't crash but it just stops in the last part of loading. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
Tried to normally open it and it does show some progress of loading the different files related to it.

I can also theoretically extract the important things with whatever texteditor and rebuild the rest myself but it would be a pain to do so, and would probably blast my will of investing time. Any ideas?

BaronVonRotterdam
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by BaronVonRotterdam » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:27 am

In order to extract that .u file make sure you have the mod installed correctly. Then go here: http://204.11.33.157/Downloads/16.%20Development/

Download "UDE3005.zip"

Extract and Install UDE

To make things easier to use go to: "Options" -> Snytax Highlighting. Go to the "Color Speed Setting" drop box at the top and select "Unreal (UDE, UnrealEd).

Next go to "tools" -> edit packages

Add "MayhemWeapons.u"

Now go to tools -> UCC Package Exporter

Select MayhemWeapons and click "export".

If all the files are installed correctly for the mod and it is unencrypted then this should have worked.

MayhemWeapons will now be in your Packages Tree on the left. You might have to hit "F5" first though.
| ASRock Fatal1ty X470 | AMD Ryzen 3700x @Stock | 32GB DDR4 3200 mHz | Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 Super | Dell S2417DG |

KNC
Private
Private

Post by KNC » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:19 pm

Sounds like a plan but after using the UMOD extractor from the same directory UDE keeps giving me shit about my UT2004 Installation being invalid or unknown, instead of just starting.

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:51 pm

Yea I had those issues too until I installed a second copy of UT (different location). So I have my UT2004 normal stuff and the UTDEV setup which is where I go and fiddle around with the code :D
If you lost your cd and have the old drive and have not reinstalled UT2004 or reformatted the drive, you can find your old cd key in the registry here ...

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technologies\Installed Apps\UT2004

KNC
Private
Private

Post by KNC » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:39 pm

ZombieSlayer wrote:Yea I had those issues too until I installed a second copy of UT (different location). So I have my UT2004 normal stuff and the UTDEV setup which is where I go and fiddle around with the code :D
Sounds reasonable but it sorta didn't work, already tried to install it into a second location.

I already tried full integrating the UDE files into UT so that the start .exe would be in UTs system folder as well as having it seperate in the UT main folder in an dedicated UDE folder. Nothing worked. What am I doing wrong?

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:02 pm

What OS you got? I just got Win 7 and haven't set up UT yet.

KNC
Private
Private

Post by KNC » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:45 pm

ZombieSlayer wrote:What OS you got? I just got Win 7 and haven't set up UT yet.
Got W7U. UT worked without proper installing before but just for this issue I grabbed my old CD and re-installed it. Well it didn't work so far. Anything special about how to extrackt the ut4mod file?

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:05 pm

Today is my first full day with win 7 and I find a lot of annoying little issues. I still don't have UT installed so I can't really help ... yet :p

Return to “Mod/Mutator Development”