credits

This is the place to go if you need help with creating your Mod/Mutator.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

-=muscat=-

credits

Post by -=muscat=- » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:27 pm

Hi Guys, Just a question. What is the point of listing every authors of the mutators you put on your server when the one who made 3/4 of it are not in the list?
Most of that mutators are pure copy/paste of my work using animations I made, 3D models, ideas and most of the code etc. etc. Stuff I promoted all over the web too ??? What is the objective of all that? Someone asked for permissions? At least respect the work of the author who don't make a cent of it. Add it in your 2012 resolutions at least.

BaronVonRotterdam
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Re: credits

Post by BaronVonRotterdam » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:00 pm

I am going forward under the assumption that this isn't a post by a clever spam bot.

If you would like your name on our authors list then please provide a list of works you created that are hosted on our server. Also we don't make a cent on any of the work we do either. We are a free public server and just accept donations as they are graciously sent. Furthermore this game is 7 years old and you are bent out of shape about a random server that may be using your work uncredited. Come on dude, there has to be more important things going on in your life right now than this. If indeed you did design anything we use on our server then thankyou very much for releasing it to the community free of charge. It is developers like us and yourself that keep the UT2004 community alive and growing.
| ASRock Fatal1ty X470 | AMD Ryzen 3700x @Stock | 32GB DDR4 3200 mHz | Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 Super | Dell S2417DG |

-=muscat=-

Post by -=muscat=- » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:23 pm

Ok let's do it step by step. First of all I am the author of the Zencoder's weapons mutator. Google it. Download it. Open the zip and read the readme. Let me know when it's done.

BaronVonRotterdam
UT2004 Server Admin
UT2004 Server Admin

Post by BaronVonRotterdam » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:11 pm

You have been in our credits list the last several years as "ZenCoder". So you have had your recognition. We have not released an update to our server in the last 3 years. We are in the process of hopefully finishing a big patch that has been on the back burner. If you would like to be referred to by your name then I can refer that request but I cannot promise any time frame, if any. If that doesn't satisfy your request then there is nothing more I can say other than that we both don't charge for our mods and you released yours to the public nullifying any further demands for "credit". If you would like the MP5 and Benelli shotgun removed from our server then that shouldn't be a problem. They are barely used anyway. If you need anything else let me know.
| ASRock Fatal1ty X470 | AMD Ryzen 3700x @Stock | 32GB DDR4 3200 mHz | Zotac GeForce RTX 2060 Super | Dell S2417DG |

ZombieSlayer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Post by ZombieSlayer » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:21 am

You have a semi valid point here in the fact that you did a lot of the coding, and you are not ZenCoder. However you did not make the animations as you claim to have.

http://www.gamespot.com/unreal-tourname ... /?readme=1
Thanks to ZEnCoder for coding first these weapons and for his permission.

The Benelli Shotgun was skinned by Lonewolf

------
Credits for the MP5:
------

- Model - Raven_TK

- Skin - SixShooter

- Sprites - Siro

- Animations - PRiMACORD/Murtaza

- Special Thanks - MAXX3D + Arnold

Weapons coding: ZenCoder
mp5 Ammo skin for UT2003: Tounces T. Cat
Mutator, interface, hud icons, additional coding and modified coding : -=Musc@t=-
shotgun ammo models/skins modified from the original sniperClassic ammo: -=Musc@t=-
code/media update for UT2004: -=Musc@t=-
It appears that you did most of the coding and changed some skins. As Baron said if you're really that butthurt about your name not being on credits after this many years we can forward the request to Joey that he adds -=Musc@t=- to the credit list if there's room.

To be honest since almost nobody uses these weapons we could probably remove them without missing them anyways.
If you lost your cd and have the old drive and have not reinstalled UT2004 or reformatted the drive, you can find your old cd key in the registry here ...

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unreal Technologies\Installed Apps\UT2004

Return to “Mod/Mutator Development”